C
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

230 Points

Mon, Jul 12, 2021 10:38 PM

When I Open A Program it looks for updates, so how do I ensure the Trend Micro allows it to go through? Thanks

When I Open A Program it looks for updates , so how do I ensure the Trend Micro allows it to go through? Thanks RichardM

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

484 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

3 m ago

Hi, contact.

May I know what program are you trying to update? Also, are you getting detections from Trend Micro as you update the program?

You can check the version of the program you are trying to update if it was completed and not blocked by Trend Micro.

Awaiting your response.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

230 Points

@kim_de_guzman

Hello, the program is called PicAnimate [and other programs from the same company that requires checks on updates are fine, just this one problem], and I like this program. :) 

No detection from TrendMicro.

Thanks!

(edited)

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

484 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

Hi, contact.

Can you further explain the problem that you encounter? You can also try to turn off Trend Micro and check if the issue still persists. Here's how: 

How to turn OFF Trend Micro Security on Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

230 Points

@kim_de_guzman

Thanks for the feedback.

I do not understand the TASKBAR NOTIFICATION AREA [see below] to TURN OFF Trend Micro to test this idea. Do I open the the Trend Micro first, as I right click the Trend Micro icon before it opens and do not see TASKBAR NOTIFICATION area....it goes from OPEN to PROPERTIES, and the many other things between.

Update: I can open the program on an older computer that has Windows 7 yesterday [could not upgrade to Windows 10 on this one~it get me an error for 10, so it still has Windows 7] in addition to Trend Micro.

Thanks,

RichardM

1. Right-click the Trend Micro icon Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area, and then select Exit.
    If you cannot see it, click the Show hidden icons arrow ^ next to the notification area.
  2. Wait for the icon to disappear.

To turn it back ON, double-click the Trend Micro icon Trend Micro icon icon on your desktop.

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

484 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

Hi, contact.

Kindly check for the "^" icon on the lower-right corner of your screen (near the time and date). Once you click on that, it will show you your hidden icons. Look for the Trend Micro icon then right-click it to see Exit.

After clicking Exit, check if there will still be issues on PicAnimate.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM-Kim

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

230 Points

3 m ago

Hello,

I placed the program exceptions on the TrendMicro and had to update on Windows yesterday and to my surprise the program looks for updates then opens up. Never tried the EXIT [right-clicking TrendMicro icon on lower right of computer by the date/time], but will keep that in mind for future reference as I now know how to do this. Really weird how it is fine now. Not sure if it needed time to have that exception or something with Windows update got it back working [though this would not make sense, but not an expert here].

Thanks for your help, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!1

RichardM

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

483 Messages

• 

7.4K Points

Thank you for updating us, contact.

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Have a great day and stay safe!

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community