T
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

320 Points

Wed, Jun 16, 2021 7:27 PM

When are the constant Pop-ups going to stop? Mute mode is not good enough!

Every time I surf the web, for example, BING trending news, I receive a pop-up. I have had it with these constant pop-ups. When I am grading papers, the pop-up will happen and then stop me from typing until I click "OK".. What the heck!!!!!!!! Trend is to protect my computer; not constantly drive me nuts with pop-notifications about websites. Stop asking for screenshots in every thread that talks about this continual annoyance. You know what we are all talking about.  MUTE MODE is not good enough.  I want to completely and forever turn off the notifications about Trend doing its job.  All I want to see in a pop-up is if there is a problem.   Fix this annoying issue or I am not renewing for any of my devices. 

Responses

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

320 Points

3 m ago

And... before you ask... here is the screenshot of the pop-up.  It is a non-actionable notification. It is only telling me that TREND is blocking information from being transferred.  Isn't that the purpose of Trend - to protect my computer and personal information?  Why do you have to constantly tell me about it with every website I visit?

I can't do anything, type anything until I click ok.  NO, I don't want to have to turn on MUTE MODE every two hours or every day.  I want to stop these stupid notifications altogether. 

We should only see notifications from Trend for expiring licenses, and actionable items.  

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

100 Points

3 m ago

I am having the same issue.  I am a touch typist so it is not until I look up that I realise what I typed is not there because of a stupid pop up.  PLEASE PLEASE fix this, this is not the only thread I have seen that has requested a fix.  To be honest, if this continues I am going to find another anti-virus program that is going to allow me to work not waste my time.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

58 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

hi @2818cranfield,

can we get the detection name / details appearing on the pop up if you're not able to take a screenshot

thanks

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

100 Points

I cleared my cache which seems to have worked at the moment but I am not happy that I had to do that as I now have to input all by details into Chrome all over again.  I am hoping it has stopped will know tomorrow

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

320 Points

We shouldn't have to clear anything to stop the pop-ups. It is in Trend's software that causes the problems. I didn't have this problem before the latest renewal.  Now it is constant. 

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

254 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

3 m ago

Hi tthomasbeenyrn,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

We will need to clear the browser data to delete the temporary files detected by Trend Micro.

kindly monitor if it will happen again, to see if the files has been deleted permanently.

Awaiting for your response.

- TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

320 Points

My response is the same - I have done everything there is to stop these pop-ups.  Before I searched for the resolution, I tried all of the usual tactics. My first degree is in technology.  There isn't anything else I can clear. It is Trend's software causing the problem. When I renewed and updated to the latest version, it started.  It has been going on for a couple of months. MUTE MODE doesn't cut it. 

(edited)

Brand User

Hustler

• 

58 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

hi @tthomasbeenyrn,

you might have missed my reply on this thread: https://en.community.trendmicro.com/conversations/pc-security/how-to-turn-off-annoying-website-blocked-pop-up-message/5da6f858904e1937f3b9a5d5

can i confirm if you have tried to update the data theft prevention settings?

thanks

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

320 Points

I have done everything that can be done. It is not helping. Trend Micro DOES NOT NEED TO TELL ME IT IS DOING ITS JOB! 

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

471 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

Hi, tthomasbeenyrn.

This "Transfer of Protected Data Blocked" message is caused by the Data Theft Prevention feature that protects your sensitive data or information (such as credit card numbers or passwords for websites) from being sent through the Internet.

You have received this pop-up message because the information you entered under the Data Theft Prevention feature has an identical series of numbers and letters on the website.

You can check the link below on how you can stop getting this message:

Popup: Transfer of Protected Data Blocked (Trend Micro Security for Windows)

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Kim