Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

220 Points

Sat, Sep 4, 2021 8:21 AM

Upgrade of license from 1 device to multiple

Hi, I have just bought another laptop for home (Windows 10) and am looking to upgrade my Maximum Security license from 1 device to 2 (or 3 which is the next level). Your team in the chat could only recommend to buy another license. 

Are you offering anything to upgrade the package I have subscribed to for many years now?

The way I understand your website, either subscribe to a new package for 3 devices - which means wasting a perfectly valid and paid-for single subscription - or doubling up the single license by buying a new single one - that also would mean double the price...

Responses

Accepted Solution

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

290 Points

14 d ago

It will look like this.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

456 Messages

• 

6.9K Points

You got that right, rtwillcock. Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

14 d ago

I had to upgrade after one month into the year’s subscription and they closed the previous licence and transferred the balance to my new licence.  I too have been with Trend micro since whales walked the earth…

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

14 d ago

Hi, conrad_and_nicole

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community

Let me just inform you that you won`t be wasting the currently activated version when purchasing an upgrade

Your current subscription will be converted into months of extension to the newly purchased one.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

220 Points

@saccharine_ching

I went straight ahead and upgraded... It hit me by surprise though that I now have 2 licenses running - one with the Single License and my - supposedly new - 3 device license.

So your statement above might not have made it to Thailand. 

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

290 Points

14 d ago

Yes Unfortunately you would have to buy a new licence, or if you have a family or friend that has a spare licence key they are not using for multiple devices.

Other than that you buy a new licence for multiple devices and install the new one on the your older device, what time you have left on the old device will say there but once it runs out it will switch over to the new licence, so when its comes to updating next year you will only need to buy one licence key for multiple devices again.