Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

200 Points

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 8:54 AM

two factor authentication new phone

Hello,

I have broken my phone, it is not usable.

The two factor authentication with google authenticator was installed on my broken phone.

How can I transfer the settings to the new phone, because currently I cannot do anything because it always requests for the verification code, which was in my old phone.

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

Albert

Responses

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

2 m ago

Losing or breaking your phone are the reasons why you shouldn’t use text or voice prompts as backup login options. The likelihood of these happening is quite high and may mean getting locked out of your account.

Please check the link below for assistance on transferring Google Authenticator.

In case you need more help, please let us know immediately.

Regards,
TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

200 Points

@saccharine_ching 

Hello, 

Unfortunately the article did not solve my problem. My problem is, that I did not lock out from my google account, but I did lock out myself from other accounts which asked the 2FA from the Google authenticator. This is TM Password Manager and some other applications. Is there a way to bypass TM`s 2 FA with official TM support?

Thanks,

Albert

Brand User

Superstar

• 

456 Messages

• 

6.9K Points

Hi, albert.olah!

Thank you for your response.

I was able to reset your Trend Micro account's 2FA here on our end. Can you try to check if you can sign in normally at https://account.trendmicro.com/?

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

200 Points

@catherine_joy_dela_cruz 

Hi Cathrine!

Thanks a lot for your help, I managed touse my account without 2FA. I will not enable it until I get the new phone.

I really appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

Albert

Prodigy

• 

347 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

That's good to know, albert.olah!

If you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us again and we will be glad to assist you.

- TM_Rochelle