Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 11:12 AM

trying to stop protection & it will not allow my correct password

Trying to stop protection on old laptop,everytime I enter the correct password it says it's incorrect. I know the old laptop is still covered but after the last windows update it uninstalled it,after I reinstalled trend it said the protection had run out. I checked my pc & it said the laptop was still protected(I have protection on 3 devices). I thought if I stopped the protection & then reinstalled it on the devices list it might rectify the problem. As I can't log into the stopping of the protection I'm back to square one & I don't want to have to pay for something again. I have reset my password & can log into my trend account,but,can't log into stopping the protection,why?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

480 Messages

• 

7.4K Points

3 m ago

Hi, unluckylmt!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

It's possible that the password set on your main console is different from your account password. You can try to uninstall it using the Uninstall Tool first and reinstall it again.

You may download the tool from this link below:

http://spr.ly/6000yw03e

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 m ago

Hi Cathy,

Would you believe after 8 hours the pc & laptop synced the Trend account & now I have full coverage on my laptop once again. I don't know why every windows update uninstalls apps on my laptop but doesn't affect my pc? I usually hang off on the windows updates on my laptop but eventually they have to be installed. Thankyou for your assistance & I know where to go when I next need help.

Prodigy

• 

365 Messages

• 

5.6K Points

That's great to know that the issue is now resolved, unluckylmt

In case you need more help, please feel free to reach out to us again.

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community