190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Friday, January 8th, 2021 11:03 AM

Closed

Resolved

Trend Micro PC Health Check-Up Doesn't Detect Temporary Files

Hi,

From the Trend Micro settings I am left with the impression that it should be cleaning temporary files, recycle bin contents and browser caches automatically.

I've ran the tool many times, but it doesn't seem to detect anything, even though %temp% directory for example is quite overwhelming,

Is there a broken routine in the tool?

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi, bvasilev

The PC Health Checkup will show the option to regain disk space if the total disk garbage is over 10% of the available space. This is computed by getting the ratio of the unneeded files over the sum of unneeded files and the total free disk space in the drive. 

Regain Disk Space Ratio = Uneeded Files / (Uneeded Files + Available Size)

Currently, the temporary files are 0.3% of the available space that's why there's no option for removal. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

- TM_Reine

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@reine_roque Thanks, that makes sense.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

You're welcome bvasilev. Have a great day!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

4 years ago

Please don't send anymore !!!!

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Did you post in the wrong thread or something?

Brand User

Hustler

• 

98 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

4 years ago

Hi bvasilev!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community! 

Apologies for any inconvenience we may cause you. If the temp files did not delete automatically, kindly try to reinstall your Trend Micro Maximum Security. You may access the link below:

Reinstall Trend Micro Maximum Security

For any concerns, you may contact us again. 

Thank you,

-TM_JD

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Hi, it's been reinstalled many times, as I have been using it for more than a year, but it never detected any temp files. Can you see if it works at your end?

Or is there an age requirement, for example temp files over 30 days old?

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi bvasilev,

May I know the current number and total size of files in your temp folder? Thanks.

- TM_Reine

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Hi,

%temp% has 63 items, 520 mb.

temp has 999 items, a total of 7 mb.

I've got files in the recycle bin as well...

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Thanks for the response bvasilev. We'll check this concern on our end and verify if there's an ongoing issue. I'll update you here on its results. 

- TM_Reine

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi, bvasilev

Can you please reconfirm what's your disk size and how much free space does it have?

Find out how much storage your PC has

- TM_Reine

Superstar

• 

190 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@reine_roque 

Hi, this is my Storage screenshot:

I've got browser caches and other temp files as well, but nothing is being detected by Trend Micro as the screenshot above displays.

I have been using Trend Micro for quite some time and it never detected anything. I have installed it on another laptop with very slow HDD as well, due to the small pattern file that you maintain (40 mb updated once a day), whereas other vendors have >550mg and push updates hourly. Meaning Trend Micro doesn't decrease the performance by recopying and deleting large amount of data frequently.

It never detected any temp files on any of the laptops. To be honest I wasn't even aware it had a function to remove these, until I saw it in settings recently.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights