Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Sat, Jun 19, 2021 3:09 PM

Trend Micro not updating

I recently changed my router to an ASUS RT-AC1200. I now noticed that Trend Micro has not been updating. I also can't log onto my banking on my home PC. I connected my laptop to a wifi network outside the home and Trend Micro was able to update and I was able to access my banking. I returned home and tried again and the problem reoccurred. I also installed a different virus protector at home on the laptop and there is no problem. 

Responses

Brand User

Superstar

• 

456 Messages

• 

6.9K Points

3 m ago

Hi, rthare!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Thank you for reaching out. To properly assist you with your concern, we would ask for further details of the problem you are encountering. 

• When connecting to your home network, are you having problems connecting to the internet or just when updating Trend Micro and accessing your bank?
  • May we know what is the exact error message that you get when trying to update Trend Micro and accessing your bank?

Please also provide us the following information:

1. The version of Trend Micro installed
  2. The operating system of your laptop and its version.

Awaiting your response.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@catherine_joy_dela_cruz

hi Catherine, 

To answer your question: 

- The issue is only with updating Trend Micro and accessing my bank. 

- the Error message from Trend Micro is unable to contact. I have followed the learn more prompts with regards to restarting however problem persists. 

-I have changed back to the older router and it updated no problem but I don’t want to stay on the older router as it has other problems. the version number is 17.0.1181 

- Windows operating system for both laptop and Pc. 

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

257 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

3 m ago

Hi rthare!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Please try to follow Flush the DNS and Reset the Winsock Catalog from this link, and try to update Trend Micro again:

Fix "Unable to contact Trend Micro" error on Windows

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo