Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 2:28 AM

Trend Micro Maximum Security is Snoozed

I have Trend Micro Maximum Security installed on my Windows 11 PC. Recently it has been showing the "!" on Windows Security, so I checked it out today. Turns out that the Virus Protection is snoozed, I remember snoozing it, but the settings are enabled to revert to protection on next reboot. I have been searching the internet for any hints to the cause of this, but have not found any solutions. I can confirm that I have checked Services.msc and ensured the program is set to automatic. I have also updated the software and double checked all of it's settings. I then completely removed the program, rebooted, then reinstalled it again, rebooted. Still Windows Security is showing me the same issue. I have tried to select Turn On, but it does nothing.  I do not know what else to try.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

9 d ago

I have tried restarting, I see Windows Secutiry is checking wirus  protection status. Then it stops and tells me to turn it on. If I select turn it on, nothing happens, like flicking a light switch without a bulb. If I select open app, it does, but everything is correct there

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

9 d ago

I have also used the Trend Micro SupportTool and ran the number process in the following order. 2, 3, 5, 4. I then opened Trend and restored all settings to default. Went into Windows Security, did a repair, and then reset. None of these helped. I'm out of ideas now

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

483 Messages

• 

7.4K Points

9 d ago

Hi, Alison Black!

This is not the usual behavior of Trend Micro Security. To further check on this, may we know the version of the Trend Micro Maximum Security is installed?

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

I actually found the issue. I went into my extensions on Chrome and uninstalled all extensions that I didn't need or use, upon restart, Windows Security and Trend were talking again. I have the green tick in virus protection again. Thanks.

Brand User
tm_cha

Prodigy

• 

332 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

You're welcome, @alisonblack1977! Glad to know that everything's working fine. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions.

~TM_Cha

Need Help?

Ask the Community