Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 7:53 PM

Trend Micro Malfunction with Windows 11 update

I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Then came the problems with the antivirus software I have with Trend Micro. At first, I would get a message from Trend Micro telling me my computer was not protected. Then a "Windows Security" message told me actions still needed to be taken. Then came the rapid influx of those two messages along with another message from Trend Micro telling me that I needed to upgrade my software by restarting my computer, which I did several times through the email they provided. It did not work and now I get those three sets of messages literally every time I turn on my computer and almost every hour that I am on my computer.  It is driving me insane and I was wondering what I could do to get it to stop. 

Superstar

• 

421 Messages

• 

6.7K Points

11 d ago

Hi, merardosalazar

This is not the usual behavior of Trend Micro Security. This happens usually when the installation of Trend Micro gets corrupted or might be because of the OS update.

You may also follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

1. On your keyboard, press and hold together the Windows key + R key.
  2. In the open field, type supporttool and hit Enter or click OK. This will open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
  3. Go to C(Uninstall) tab.
  4. Click Uninstall Software

You may also run a Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool  to remove all remnants folders and files of Trend Micro. 

Once done following the steps above, please re-install the latest version of Trend Micro.

Hope this helps. 

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community