K
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Wed, Jan 12, 2022 2:47 AM

Transfer current trend micro security to new PC from old PC.

If I renew my subscription online for trend micro now which my current will be expired on 6 Apr 22, what if my PC is down and need to replace a new one. Will my antivirus subscription be carried to the new one and how to affect the transfer?  Many thanks & regards.

Superstar

• 

335 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

13 d ago

This a cut-and-paste from an earlier post:

Turn over your protection from an old device or computer to a new one using your Trend Micro Account.

1. Go to https://account.trendmicro.com/.
  2. Type your email address and password, then click Sign In.
    If you set up Two-Factor Authentication, you will need to type in the verification code sent to your preferred method (Authenticator App, Email or Text).
  3. Remove protection to an old device:
    1. Click the Licenses tab, then look for your ongoing subscription.
    2. Click Manage Device +, then hover to the device you want to remove protection.
    3. Click the X icon on the upper right corner of the device.

Before deleting protection, check the computer (Windows, Mac) or mobile device (Android, iPhone or iPad) name to prevent accidental removal on the devices you currently use.

4. Click Yes to confirm.
  4. Add protection to a new device:
    1. Click the Download tab, then click the Download on your ongoing subscription.
      You can also click the Check Setup Guide link for more detailed steps on how to install the program.
Brand User
tm_kath

Superstar

• 

619 Messages

• 

8.8K Points

11 d ago

Hi @ktphua209,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

In addition to @woodartisan55, you may directly install Trend Micro on your new computer. As you only have 1 seat on your license, you may not be able to remove it under your account.

During the installation, you may receive "Too Many Installations" error. To fix this, you need to enter your Trend Micro account password. This will let you transfer your license to your new device.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community