Top Phishing Scams of the Week — Citibank, Wells Fargo, Chase, MetaMask, T-Mobile, Binance, and Costco
We are so busy with our online activities and starting to adapt to the new normal in the physical world. We forget that scammers are working around the clock perfecting their schemes. Don't get scammed! This week our Trend Micro Check team found a large number of scams. Let's familiarize ourselves with how to spot them and learn the most effective way to deal with them.
- [Notice]: Your CITI debit has been clocked due to unusual activities.Confirm your details at <URL>
- Citibank: We detected unusual activity in your account. please follow this link <URL> to verify your identity.
Citizens Bank: We have temporarily locked your Citizens Card due to unauthorized transactions. To unlock, verify now – <URL>
- Important Notice From WELLS FARGO! We detected a login from a new device! If this was you, Kindly disregard this sms.If not click <URL> to secure now!.B
MetaMask Scam Emails
MetaMask Scam Text Messages
Binance Phishing Text Scams
T-Mobile Scam Text Messages
T-Mobile Scam Email
Here are some other examples of the subjects of these T-Mobile scams.
Costco Survey Scam
Don’t get scammed!
Read the full article here to learn the Dos and Don'ts.
- The use of the word “FREE” in promotional material is always a major red flag.
- Use only legitimate wallet apps and browser extensions to avoid phishing scams.
- Always double-check that everything is in order before you make a transaction.
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to browse the web safely and install Trend Micro Maximum Security for an extra layer of protection.