Top 5 Phishing Scams: MetaMask, Verizon “Itemtracking”, AT&T “Bill Paid,” & Amazon Gift Card Giveaway
Phishing Scams are scammers' all-time favorite tactic to trick their victims. Here are the Top 5 Phishing Scams captured by our Trend Micro Check Team.
1. Fake MetaMask Security Alert Email
Note: the fake MetaMask website looks nearly 100% identical to the genuine one. Please take a look at the web address carefully – the legitimate domain of MetaMask should be metamask.io!
2. Verizon Parcel Tracking Scam (itemtracking[.]net)
The links in these fake text messages may vary, but most of them will direct you to itemtracking[.]net.
3. Verizon “Bill Paid” Text Scam
Again, the link is a phishing link. If you click on the button, you could end up exposing your personal information!
4. AT&T “Bill Paid” Survey Scam
ATT Free Msg: November bill is paid. Thanks, Here’s a little gift for you: <URL>. The link will take you to a fake AT&T online survey page that grants you a free Smart Health Watch:
5. Amazon Survey Scam
To protect yourself from these Phishing scam tactics Read the full article here.
Here are some helpful reads and a free tool that you can try as well.
- Trend Micro Check tool
- Protect your sensitive data with Trend Micro Security
- Protect yourself when using the Internet
- What should I do if my personal information is leaked?