Trend Security Expert
Spot the Scam: 3 Valentine’s Day Scams to be Cautious of
Many people are looking forward to Valentine’s Day, and so are the scammers – they are ready to steal your money or leave you heartbroken on this supposedly romantic day. In this post, we will share with you the 3 most common Valentine’s Day scams and how to avoid them. Can you spot them all?
Fake Valentine’s Day Shopping Websites
Are you looking for gifts for your special someone on Valentine’s Day? Be careful of Valentine’s Day online shopping scams!
Fake Valentine’s Day shopping websites.
How to avoid Valentine’s Day online shopping scams?
• Avoid direct purchases on social media platforms
• Never wire money to someone you don’t know.
• Check if the web address is safe using Trend Micro Check.
Valentine’s Day Lucky Draw/Survey Scam
Many lucky draw scam campaigns related to Valentine’s Day are spreading on WhatsApp. Scammers pose as well-known companies such as Durex and pretend to be doing giveaway campaigns.
Valentine’s Day lucky draw scams.
How to avoid Valentine’s Day lucky draw scams?
· Online giveaway campaigns that ask you to provide detailed personal information are suspicious.
· Don’t click on links from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check for immediate scam detection first
Valentine’s Day Romance Scam
Scammers use many tricks during romance scams, but the outcomes are similar – after their target sends money, the scammers vanish.
How to avoid Valentine’s Day romance scams?
• Don’t wire money to people that you only know from the internet.
• Never give out your personal information
• Check before you click on any links. Use Trend Micro Check for immediate scam detection first!
Did you successfully spot the scams? Stay safe and enjoy a happy Valentine’s Day! Remember, always CHECK before your next move.
If you think Trend Micro Check is helpful, please SHARE to protect your family and friends.
Try Trend Micro Check for free now:
Read the full article here: https://tmcheck.us/aT9fHMPx