Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

Mon, Jun 21, 2021 12:50 PM

Reporting a new type of spam email

Hi, if i get a new type of scam email, that is not getting caught in the "junk" folder, should i advise Trend Micro or my provider or MS Outlook ?

Regards,

David

Responses

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

3 m ago

PS, the email comes from an address .hu , which i believe is Hungary?

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

3 m ago

Below is a suggestion from the PC User group I belong to.

"Possibly your e-mail address is being used as the spoofed "from" address in spam. It would be worth giving your system a thorough going over with virus & malware scanners, just to be on the safe side."

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

257 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

3 m ago

Hi davidks,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May I know if your Fraud Buster feature is enabled, if not kindly enable it to detect scam and phishing emails. Fraud Buster scans webmail that contains no malicious links or attachments, however dangerous, that goes undetected by traditional email security technology.

It also detects fake messages using AI technology to identify the topic and to understand the intention of the scam email and warns you against it upon discovery. You can then delete it with confidence.

To learn more about Fraud Buster, you can click the link down below 

Protect Webmail in Windows with Fraud Buster

Let us know if you need further help.

- TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

Hi Angelo, yes I definitely have it working in my Gmail account, but I will double check the settings in Outlook.  Outlook account is where that email arrived.  I will get back to you ASAP. Regards, David

Brand User

Superstar

• 

456 Messages

• 

6.9K Points

Thank you for updating us, davidks.

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

Hi,  i'm just attaching a screenshot below. Also, where in the outlook app, do i find the Trend Micro Toolbar.  Also, re the spam / scam email , it looks like someone is purporting to be sending it from me.  Then i get an "undeliverable" message.  

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

3 m ago

Hi, is the above a legitimate email from google ?  as mentioned above , i never sent the email referred to.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

257 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

3 m ago

Hi davidks,

The issue is gmail.com is rejecting emails from Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Exchange 2013 email servers for no PTR records even if you do not have any IPv6 IPs assigned to the server.

It is not a spam email, but a Microsoft issue. You can follow the recommended solution below or directly call Microsoft.

If you will try to follow the instructions listed below, make sure to back up your registry and create a restore point for safety of your device.
Solution:
Disable certain IPv6 components yourself, follow these steps:

Use the registry editor to edit the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\ Edit or create DWORD (32-bit) value "DisabledComponents". Default value is "0", you will need to change this to "0xffffffff"(Hexadecimal "ffffffff" or Decimal "4294967295") in order to disable all IPV6 other than local loopback. Verify that IPV6 is disabled with the following command: "reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents" You may receive the following error message: "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." If you receive this error message, the DisabledComponents registry value is not set. If the DisabledComponents value is set, it overrides the settings in the connection properties.
Hope this helps!
-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

Hi Angelo, many thanks for that.  Will have a look at that today.

Cheers David

Brand User
tm_kath

Superstar

• 

547 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

You're welcome, davidks.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

3 m ago

Hi Folks,  thanks very much for the replies.  Pretty close to marking this accepted. Just have 2 quick questions.

- how do i find the spot for the Outlook app to ensure that Fraud Buster is enabled.

- and i'm relieved it doesn't seem to be spam, but i was intrigued by the .hu ?? at the end of email address ? ( Hungary? )

Thanks again, David

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

Hi, davidks,

Normally if Fraud Buster is enabled on your Microsoft Outlook application there will be a pop-up for you to scan your emails.
as per the ".hu" at the end of the email address, .hu is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Hungary

Regards,
TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

268 Points

Thanks Kar, will check that out.

Regards,

David

Prodigy

• 

354 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

You're welcome, davidks

Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with and we'll gladly assist you. 

- TM_Rochelle