L
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 6:28 PM

Question about running Windows Defender along with Trend Maximum Security.

Do I need to run Windows Defender if I have Maximum Security running on Windows 7?

Responses

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

409 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

2 y ago

Hi ljack18744,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community! After installing Trend Micro Security software, Windows Defender will be disabled automatically. This default change is to avoid conflict since Windows Defender is a Microsoft's built-in anti-virus protection and having more than one antivirus program usually causes conflicts. Thus, it is not advised to run two antivirus programs at the same time on a machine. Hope this helps.

- Kim

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

8 m ago

IWhen I get updates from Microsoft Defender has been activated without my permission, how do I disable Defender, Is there a register fix I can enter? Windows 10 OS.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

370 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

Hi, dadavis5th!

Windows 10 doesn't have an option to uninstall or disable Windows Defender permanently. If there is another Antivirus installed, it'll disable automatically. For more information you may refer to this link below:

http://spr.ly/61212GhLsu

Hope this helps.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

I have already trend micro in windows 10 pro but same time Windows Defender also activated automatic and if I do manual deactivate always show error in task bar

Brand User

Hustler

• 

162 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Hi, live!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

When Trend Micro is enabled Windows defender should automatically turn off, can you double check and make sure that your Trend Micro security software is running?

Also, may I know the exact error message when turning off windows defender manually.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

my trend micro running and also windows defender on!

there is no error but when manual make off always show windows security need action

with notification

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi live.

If there are actions recommended you may enable the features on Windows Defender. Open the security dashboard and review what features you may enable. If you're still getting the same notification, can you send us a screenshot of the dashboard and notification so we can check it?

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

2 m ago

I try to send photo screen shot but not possible long time stay loading and nothing as i want to show you both working in same time and trend micro didn't off auto windows defender

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi live,

Are you getting actions recommended by the Window Security Center? please verify.

You may also restart the computer and check if it's the same. When Trend Micro is starting the protection, check if you're getting action recommended notification from Windows Security Center. if you're getting the notification, click it and enable the needed feature from the security dashboard. 

- TM_Reine 

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

Of coerce I do restart and the same I have photo from notification as well but here can not be uploaded. I do all enable but after in system run both app

windows defender and trend micro.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

162 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Hi live,

Can you check what action is needed for your windows security, there should be an indication under the windows security settings.

Here's a list of what to do, if you're still getting action recommended while Trend Micro is turned on.

How can I dismiss the Actions recommended warning?

1. Sign in with a Microsoft account 
2. Make sure that all pillars are green.
3. Check for updates.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

Dear my friend, i am using trend micro when name was pc cillin feom 2000.then i know very well all
After January new update windows 10 windows defender active and work infront of trend micro. App can not off auto windows defender and also faster find defect files than yrend micro.
Something happens and sure app not show as main virus program in system. All upgrade was okay trend micro wotk correct as and active all opthion
Then waht also i don't know
Just i know no good same time two program working
Thanks
Ali
Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi live,

Can you try to reinstall the Trend Micro program? please follow this guide:

How to reinstall Trend Micro Security for Windows

If it's the same, can you please let us know here or contact Vanessa of Trend Micro via Facebook Messenger for a real-time response? Click the link now to start: https://spr.ly/6189GzMvD

- TM_Reine