Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 3:43 AM

Protection Disabled

Hi,

so I have gone over all the steps and what to do for protection disabled. I have restarted multiple times, I have gone into control panel and deleted other security software such as McAfee, I have disabled trend micro manually through the toolkit. I don't know what else to do. The only thing I cant do is scan for viruses or malware.

This might not be affecting it, but I also have a lockdown browser program installed on my laptop.

Can I please have some directions of what to do and more than one scenario? E.g malware etc?

I really need to get this fixed.

Thanks

It seems to work when i restart the computer for about a minute or two but after that the protection is 'disabled'. I noticed that in the icon tray ( if thats what its called) at first it has trouble connecting to the windows security icon and then once there is a red cross against the windows security, Trend Micro goes grey and is disabled. 

And i ran a scan before it could be disabled and the scan said the computer was good.

^^^ - some more info

Thanks

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

574 Messages

• 

8K Points

4分前

Hi, peter_4f8ebe.

We appreciate you trying all the solutions you could think of in order to resolve that issue are experiencing. Here's another solution you can try:

1. Install the Remnant File Remover Tool. This will remove any leftover Trend Micro files from your computer so you can install the latest version without experiencing any issues.

2. Reinstall the protection using the installer on this link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

4分前

i have the "same" problem. it keeps letting me know there is no connection to trend micros servers, and wants a restart.. and it goes on and on..restarted 4 times now.. same same..   I am a paying customer, now you tells us to remove your program to download and install the latest version???.. do You even have control over Your programs?.. one could wonder.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

4分前

I found out that when I have this problem, the Date/Time on my computer somehow got fast forwarded by several years. Buy correcting this, my TrendMicro program restarted with no problem.

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

8.3K Points

Hi, rene

This problem occurs for these possible reasons, you may have conflicting software, potentially unwanted applications or malware installed on your computer or the program failed to download and install updates. The link below will guide you in resolving the problem:    

Fix "Protection Disabled" error from Trend Micro on Windows

We appreciate your presence on our Community page, bclock5fam.  Thank you for help. 

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

90 Points

4分前

Same problem here, spent over an hour on the phone with support (once I could get thru and not be hung up on by the computerized answering system), and despite all that....getting the same exact error message again.  I'll be purchasing a different antivirus solutions, despite having been a loyal customer for over 10 years.  This issue and the lousy support to "fix" it are the last straw.

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

574 Messages

• 

8K Points

Hi, fieldm.

I have sent you an email, kindly check. Let us handle your case from there.

- TM_Kim

Need Help?

Ask the Community