• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Sun, Apr 3, 2022 3:58 AM

Closed

Resolved

Payguard opens multiple tabs

I use Google Chrome as my browser.  Until very recently, I had no problems.  Payguard would open another tab and everything proceeded smoothly.  
Now, I log into a financial site, Payguard opens a new tab, and keeps on opening tab after tab, after tab.  It makes me seriously giddy and is impossible to work with.  The only viable option is to disable Payguard - and that is supposedly unsafe.  

Has anyone else come across this recently?  

Many thanks.  

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

8 months ago

Hi, janejb1510!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

The Trend Micro program might have corrupted components, can you try to do the following?

1. Press the Windows Key & R at the same time, the run window should appear.
2. Type supporttool then click OK. The Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit will open.
3. Go to (C) Uninstall, click 5. Stop all Components & 2. Delete Now.
4. Reopen the Trend Micro program, and verify if the issues persist.

May I also know your Trend Micro version?

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

8 months ago

I have the same issue .. this didn't resolve it
Version 17.7.1337

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 months ago

Didn't solve it for me either - just started happening after an update last week.  My version is 17.7.1383 REALLY annoying! 

Legend

• 

753 Messages

• 

13.4K Points

Hi, heg

It's always recommended to keep your browsers updated as it will ensure you up-to-date compatibility with websites and other software, it also ensures you're in a secured browsing environment.

One possible reason links are opening in new tabs is that Pay Guard opens in your default browser, which requires up-to-date components to work as intended. You may follow the link below on how to update browser: 

How to update web browsers on your computer

If you need further assistance just let us know here.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Thanks.  Google Chrome was fine but Bing seemed to have reinstalled itself in the background following a recent Microsoft update - once I deleted that all was okay - Payguard working normally.  Cheers

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Thank you for the information heg, feel free to let us know if you need any more help! 

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community