Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 2:53 AM

Payguard opening multiple screens on Edge

Unable to use Payguard in Edge as multiple screens keep opening. I can see this has been a problem for another user in the past. I have checked and have the latest Trend version and Microsoft recommend using Edge.

Is there something else I could do to fix this or could the bug be fixed.

Cheers

Legend

• 

346 Messages

• 

10.6K Points

5 m ago

I find your problem quite interesting.  I have had to use Edge since the introduction of the "new and improved" version (17.7) of Trend Micro and not my normal Firefox with Duck Duck Go for privacy.  I have not had the problem you seem to be having.  When I go to certain sites where I may purchase things, I click on the T.M. "Payguard" for protection and it opens a new window with a blue outline.  I then close the previous browser window and conduct my transactions in the blue outlined screen.

Does this help in any way?  Please let us all know.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@woodartisan55​ 

Hi,

Yes, this is what has happened previously. However, now if I attempt to use the "blue outlined" website it automatically loads another and so on until I have numerous tabs but am unable to use any of them.

I will go back to using Chrome as it works fine there.

It's a mystery!

Cheers

Brand User
tm_cha

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

5 m ago

Hi, @bedworth14

May I know the version of Microsoft Edge that you're using? You can uninstall Password Manager first then reinstall it again. Here are the links for your reference:

How to uninstall Password Manager

How to install Password Manager

You may also follow the suggestion of @woodartisan55 to click the Pay Guard icon when doing online transactions. 

~TM_Cha

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@tm_cha​ 

Hi,

Using version 1.7.1122.0

Thank you for the tip and links I will give this a shot tomorrow.

:)

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

576 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

Thank you for your response, bedworth14.

Let us know how it goes. Have a great day and stay safe!

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community