Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

150 Points

Mon, Feb 14, 2022 4:51 AM

Pay Guard Chrome vs Edge

Some time ago after a recent update to the Windows O/S I used EDGE as my browser and sometime later activated Pay Guard. I accepted that all my favourites did not come across, but was happy as the financials favourites were in the Pay Guard instance. I then pinned it to the task bar as a second Edge icon. It worked fine, but I prefer Chrome so eventually I repeated the above exercise using Chrome.

However when I select the second Chrome icon on the task bar, the Chrome instance with no Pay Guard opens. The way I activate the 2nd Chrome with Pay Guard is to select one of the financial web site in the Chrome instance with no Pay Guard. Some, but not all, will then launch the 2nd Chrome instance with Pay Guard and that one of my financial favourites, all rather slowly I might add.

My question is how can I start a working 2nd Chrome instance with Pay Guard on the task bar that will open without the instance of Chrome with no Pay Guard opening?

Brand User
tm_kath

Legend

• 

683 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

6 m ago

Hi @gaytonpw,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Pay Guard opens on your default browser. You may opt to pin the Pay Guard icon itself on your taskbar. Just make sure Chrome is set as your default browser.

Let me know if you need more information.

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community