mickeylimon's profileBrand User
Hustler

Hustler

• 

58 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Mon, Aug 30, 2021 7:00 AM

Participate in the Trend Micro Security Beta Testing and WIN exciting prizes!

Participate in the Trend Micro Security Beta Testing and WIN exciting prizes!

Responses

ahsans

Prodigy

• 

246 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

16 d ago

Trend Micro Security BETA Testing | Trend Micro Help Center

Just for personal reasons, I don't test beta version of Trend Micro programs. I would like the Trend Micro Development Team to implement these changes to improve this product even more better in the next version of Trend Micro which is currently in Beta version.

These are as follows:

1) Changes to update frequency

Changes to Update frequency for Trend Micro | Trend Micro Home Users Community

Maybe check for updates every 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, 20 mins, 25 min, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hour, etc. interval. I will leave that up to your discretion.

2) Webcam Protection

Webcam Protection | Trend Micro Home Users Community

This is the most "IMPORTANT". Please have a Webcam Protection feature as most other antivirus company has this feature. I believe that you have this feature for the Mac device. Why not implement this feature in the Windows device.

With those following above mentioned being implemented, I believe Trend Micro will be one of the best of the best Antivirus Software in the world :).

Looking forward to using the next version of Trend Micro :)

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

243 Messages

• 

7.7K Points

@ahsans  Thank you so much! These are great suggestions. I will make sure that these will be submitted to our Beta Team.  You can always post your ideas and suggestion in our TM Community, it will help us a lot.

ahsans

Prodigy

• 

246 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

@tm_kree : Thanks for your message. Please do tell the Beta Team to implement these features for the upcoming version of Trend Micro. All of the other antivirus company has these features, except for Trend Micro.

If I have any other ideas that I can think of I will definitely post it here.

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

243 Messages

• 

7.7K Points

No worries @ahsans, I already informed our Beta Team of your ideas and suggestion. They will closely look into it. 

These are really great suggestions. Thanks again!

ahsans

Prodigy

• 

246 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

@tm_kree : Thank you :). Looking forward to see these features in this upcoming version of Trend Micro. It's going to be one of the best of the best of the best antivirus in the WORLD :D.

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

243 Messages

• 

7.7K Points

@ahsans  It might not be included in the upcoming version but Trend Micro's best minds are working on your suggestions. We need time to test and study these features to make sure everything will work together.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

130 Points

9 d ago

I have again downloaded the Beta Version and found this year that previous problems encountered with Beta testing have disappeared. It has been exteremely easy to download and use with no issues in computer performance. I had no bugs to report and the survey was very straightforward to complete. Well done to the development team!

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

8 d ago

@stevelamb Thank you for the feedback, our developers are really working to the extreme to improve the app.

In case you have any suggestions you can always post your ideas and suggestion in our TM Community, it will help us a lot.

bvasilev

Superstar

• 

181 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

8 d ago

Some of the features suggested above have been provided by me long time ago actually.

The webcam protection is one of them .

In regards to the update frequency, as one of the first AVs to kill the update button saying "Seriously, you don't need it anymore" and being a heavily cloud-reliant product, the update frequency won't be modified. It doesn't need to be.

The Mute Mode randomly going on and off hasn't been fixed and the UI is still stuck sometimes. I have already reported the issue via the relevant submission portal.

I am not sure whether the worst problem still exists, this was Trend Micro allowing signed malware off without any notification (Ransomware Buster issue). Changelog states Ransomware Protection has been improved so this issue might be dead now, but I will test it today anyways.

Performance improvements appear to have been made at first glance but I need more testing to verify that.

The UI changes were suggested by me as well and I see developers have acted on that. It may have been my feedback.

Regards,

ahsans

Prodigy

• 

246 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

@bvasilev  

Oh really! I didn't know you suggested the Webcam Protection" feature previously. Yeah I agree this protection is one of the most important feature to have as most major antivirus software already has it. I am hoping this time of the year, they will implement this feature. 

About the update frequency, now I am having second thoughts lol. Well, I mean that Trend Micro protection served me well in the past and now it's serving me well compared from previous antivirus software that I had. Their cloud protection is one of the best and so as their detection, based on what I experienced with previous antivirus software that I used to have. It's a splendid antivirus. If they don't want to change the update frequency for this version but may change in the near future or they can come up with an alternative that's fine by me. All I want is the Webcam Protection, let's face it today's cyber threats are also coming from webcam and etc.. So it's best to have one.

Other than that I don't have any issues or problems with the current version of Trend Micro. I am a very happy happy Trend Micro customer. I don't test beta version because I am using my personal laptop. I have seen the User Interface of the beta version and it looks really cool :D. 

bvasilev

Superstar

• 

181 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

@ahsans 

There would be no point to change the update frequency as Trend Micro only releases 1 pattern file per day and this file is tiny, about 40 mb (in comparison Bitdefender virus definitions are over 600 megs). Trend Micro keeps a full, large file on their sever and then couple of components decide which file to look in. 

This renders the frequent update process useless.

Hope this information helps. 

Regards,

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

243 Messages

• 

7.7K Points

@bvasilev @ahsans thank you for sharing your ideas. 

ahsans

Prodigy

• 

246 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

@bvasilev

I may not know IT stuffs and description but when I read your comment it completely makes sense to me now. So I guess the update frequency changes will be useless.

@tm_kree Based on what @bvasilev mentioned in the above comment, changes to the update frequency and the feedback that i wrote about it, please disregard my feedback about the changes to the update frequency. Please pass this message to the Beta Team and my apologies for any inconvenience and I know Trend Micro Beta Team works really really hard.

The Webcam Protection is the feature that I want to see and I know that the Beta Team is working really hard about this. Hope they can come up with something :) 

bvasilev

Superstar

• 

181 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

8 d ago

ahsans

Prodigy

• 

246 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

@bvasilev Read that :)

Out of curiosity and I know Trend Micro is the best of the best, I went to the AV-Test Comparative and I compared the other antivirus software that I used in the past with Trend Micro. Trend Micro is the best Test Trend Micro Internet Security 17.0 for Windows 10 (211322) | AV-TEST 

The new version 2022 will be even better and best and awesome in the test results... I simply love their Trend Micro Smart Protection Network :)

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

243 Messages

• 

7.7K Points

Great teamwork @bvasilev  @ahsans 

All your bright ideas and suggestions are submitted to Trend Micro R&D.