Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 9:22 AM

Notification of blocked program

Hi team,

Is there a way to turn on notifications of blocked programs? Spent far too long trying to work out why an application wasn't booting when Trend was preventing it from running.

rtwillcock

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

470 Points

4分前

I believe you can add the program to an exception list which will not be effected by Trend Mirco 

Brand User
TM_Ann

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

4分前

Hi joneil!

May we know the name of the program and the exact blocking message of Trend Micro to check this?

Thank you for the suggestion, rtwillcock.

Yes, the program can be added temporarily to the exception list. For reference on how to add it to the exception list, you may check this link. 

How to add items in Trend Micro Exception List

Awaiting your response.
-TM_Ann

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

4分前

Yes I did add it to the whitelisting, however my issue is that trend micro didn't give a notification to say it was blocking the program when I tried to run it (so it was difficult to pinpoint why I couldn't boot the program)

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

574 Messages

• 

8K Points

Hi, joneil.

Since you cannot boot the program and we are unsure if Trend Micro is really blocking your program, let's try to isolate the issue first. You can try to turn off Trend Micro then check if you are now able to open the program you are working on. 

Here's how you can turn off the Trend Micro program:

How to turn OFF Trend Micro Security on Windows

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Yes I can boot the program after whitelisting, the issue is not the program booting it's the lack of notification that trend was preventing the program from launching. Is there no notification when Trend blocks something from launching?

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

574 Messages

• 

8K Points

Thank you for your immediate response, joneil.

Trend Micro Security displays a notification whenever it's detecting or blocking something on the computer. Can we further check on this? Try to remove the program you are working on from the Exception List. After that, turn off the Trend Micro program. Check if you can now open the program.

You can also check the Security report of your Trend Micro program if this incident has been recorded. Here's how:

How to view Trend Micro Security Report on Windows

- TM_Kim

Need Help?

Ask the Community