Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Tue, Feb 23, 2021 3:23 PM

Mute Mode question

I was not aware that there was such a thing as Mute Mode or what it does ,but in the past weeks I often see notification telling me that Mute Mode is turned on? I dont know what to do or why i get the message...guidence appreciated please.

Responses

Prodigy

• 

326 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

5 m ago

Hi, stuff

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

When mute mode is ON, it temporarily stops non-critical notifications while you are doing an important task and automatically stops non-critical notification when the PC is in full screen mode.

For more information about Mute Mode, please click the link below:
How to use Mute Mode

Let me know if you have further questions.

- TM_Rochelle

bvasilev

Superstar

• 

176 Messages

• 

7.1K Points

5 m ago

This is an issue that's probably under investigation. Please see https://en.community.trendmicro.com/conversations/pc-security/trend-micro-randomly-enters-mute-mode/600d03f12c68100491b0e3f7

Logs have been collected for analyses.
Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

5 m ago

Hi stuff,

After following the steps Rochelle provided to enable Mute Mode, try to observe when will you normally get notifications that it's on and what activities are ongoing when it does. 

If ever it's the same issue in this thread: Trend Micro Randomly Enters Mute Mode, feel free to let us know. Thanks!

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 m ago

I don't need the Captain obvious answer that it's turned on or turned off. I can SEE that. So what is it, what does mute mode mean and why do I need it?

(edited)