Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Mon, Oct 25, 2021 9:56 PM

MicroTrend Pop ups

I am sick and tired of these trend micro pop up adds, and I know you are doing nothing to fix the problem MULTIPLE people have and have requested you to fix. There are threads from over 3 years ago asking for you to fix the problem and you always ask the same thing, for a screenshot of the problem. I have seen over 10 screenshots of the same thing, and I am going to attach the same thing I have seen others post. Clearing my history and websites, mute mode, and even going into setting and making it so my computer won't allows apps to open without me directly opening it. I've never seen such a sorry excuse of a support team and such a terrible system that stops me from typing FOR NO REASON. Please for the love of whatever you hold most dear, get your head out of your ass and stop the pop up notifications. And while I was writing this message I was interrupted by the most hated thing I have had to deal with for the past 2 weeks. 

If you are thinking about buying this service, be prepared to be assaulted by the following pop-up non stop.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

220 Points

1 m ago

Tred micro with Chrome... I'm glad it blocks dangerous pages but why doesn't it kill whatever keeps directing or trying to direct me to them? It is making Chrome a ridiculous patience tester, popping up contantly with warnings that stops anything you are typing until you say "OK".

How can I stop this or is Trend Micro incapable of stopping all the redirects??????

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Web threats Blocked Pages
Brand User
tm_cha

Prodigy

• 

344 Messages

• 

5K Points

Hi, @markbradleybsr!

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and check if the said website would still be detected.

You may refer to the link below:

How to clear web browser cache

You may also check the extensions installed on your browser as well. If you are not familiar with it, it's best to remove them

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~TM_Cha

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

The pop up is such a nuisance and so many feedback and the IT team still can't solved this issue. It is so annoying it keeps popping up, looks like a bad choice to buy this anitvirus.

Brand User
tm_cha

Prodigy

• 

344 Messages

• 

5K Points

1 m ago

Hi, @scanlancolin!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and check if the website would still be detected.

You may refer to this link below:

How to clear web browser cache

Please try to check the extensions installed on your browser as well. If you are not familiar with it, it's best to remove them.

If it is the same, kindly check if you have any unwanted applications. This website block can also be caused by a program installed on your computer.

To check the programs installed on your computer. Please follow these steps below:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + R keys.
  2. In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.

For more information, you may refer to this link below:

How to remove Potentially Unwanted Applications

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

~TM_Cha

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

1 m ago

Very disappointed that the IT team keeps replying with the same answer to clear the cache. So many feedback regarding the constant pop up is so irritating. The blocked website is good but don't need to keep popping up the pop up, just perform it in the background without the pop up message. You can also include a option to turn on or off this pop up. Feedback to your programmers and stop requesting users to clear the cache, it don't help.

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

192 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

Hi, @peterchee20

Browser Notifications are messages that come from a website. It allows you to get timely updates from sites you frequently visit. It lets website owners to send personalized messages to retain visitors.

If you want to get rid of the notifications please refer to the link below.

How to get rid of suspicious browser notifications on your computer

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

TM_Karr

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

22 d ago

I have the same complaint and after reading the responses from the Trend Micro techs I can't believe that they do not understand the complaint or issue. So I will ask the question.

How do you turn off Trend Micro's constant pop ups? It is the most annoying app in the universe....please provide a solution or I will move to another app.

Thanks, 

MV 

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

520 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

Hi, marcelo!

May I know what browser are you using? It's possible that there is a 3rd party app, extension, or setting on your browser that is causing this.

Please try to follow the steps we have provided or reset your browser to default. To reset your browser, you may refer to the steps below:

Reset Browser (Chrome)

1. Open Chrome
  2. At the top right, click the 3 dots, then Settings
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced
  4. Under "Reset and cleanup,” click "Restore settings to their original defaults" and then Reset Settings.

Reset Browser (Edge)

1. Open Edge
  2. At the top right, click the 3 dots, then Settings
  3. On the left panel, click Reset settings
  4. Click "Restore settings to their default values", then "Reset"

- TM_Cathy

Brand User
tm_darryl

Neophyte

• 

16 Messages

• 

370 Points

Hi peterchee20,

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, it's not possible to turn off the Website Blocked notification from Trend Micro Security. If you're getting continuous Website Blocked pop-ups, this might be caused by a 3rd party app, browser extension, or a setting.

We highly recommend using our hotfix to stop these from popping up continuously. You may refer to the instructions from the link below:

Hope this helps.

-TM_Darryl

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

9 d ago

I've been battling this same problem for at least the past 3 weeks! I'm not getting anywhere either other than to click close every time one of these VERY annoying pop-ups appear. I am beginning to think that Trend Micro may have been hacked & we are complaining to a BOT or some hacker in some foreign country! In re-reading some of the replies I have gotten, I'm seeing multiple language usage issues, example: "we apologies" instead of "we apologize". They are popping up on just about everything, doesn't matter if it's a legitimate news website or something else of a legitimate nature!

Brand User
tm_darryl

Neophyte

• 

16 Messages

• 

370 Points

Hi ,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. May we know what are the websites being blocked as well as the internet browser you're using? If you're using Chrome or Microsoft Edge, you may try using our hotfix to get rid of these unwanted popups. You may refer to the link below:

Hope this helps.

-TM_Darryl

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

I have the same issue, it so frustrating. Simply put, I will not use Microtrend going forward. 

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

520 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, .

Have you tried to run the hotfix that tm_darryl provided to get rid of the unwanted popups?

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community