Hustler

• 

37 Messages

• 

1K Points

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 11:26 PM

Closed

Maximum Security Renewal

If I renew through the main console of the program its $44.95.  If I go through the website its $39.95.  Can we get some consistent pricing for this.  It's like this every year at renewal time.  Many different prices for the same product and time frame.  Plus if I use the renewal link through the main website, I get a whole new serial number instead of just extending my current one. 

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

523 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 m ago

Hi, David Vair!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

The prices on the website are for new purchases. Currently, it's on sale that's why it is only $39.95 and the original price is $89.95. The price depends on the promotional packages available in a certain period of time.

The renewal price of $44.95 is already discounted as well, and since it is a renewal you'll get to retain your serial number. But, if you would like to take advantage of the available promo from the website, you'll receive a new serial number each time.

- TM_Cathy

davevt31

Hustler

• 

37 Messages

• 

1K Points

4 m ago

I was looking at this page:

Trend Micro - Renewal and Upgrade Center

I see a price of $39.95 and a renew button.  What I just noticed was at the bottom and says I will be issued a new serial number.  That seems kind of silly and should not be listed as a renewal if any existing time will be lost.  

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

533 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

Apologies for the confusion, davevt31.

The page you visited has instructions on how to renew a subscription that's why it was labeled as "Renewal & Upgrade Center". Under the instructions are the upgrade offers which will provide you a new subscription that's why there's a note that you will be given a new Serial number.

Let us know if you have further concerns.

- TM_Kim

davevt31

Hustler

• 

37 Messages

• 

1K Points

4 m ago

Thanks, I think that I will do 2 years at $69.90 with new serial numbers since its easy to change them over in the program menu.  I really wish companies would take care of their long term users.  I have been using this since the Win98 days when it was called "That Antivirus in the yellow box ".

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

523 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

You're welcome, David Vair

We always aim to provide quality service to our customers, rest assured we'll take your experience into account to improve our service.

Thank you for the continued support, David. We really appreciate it.

- TM_Cathy

davevt31

Hustler

• 

37 Messages

• 

1K Points

You could at least make the pricing the same, a renewal is a renewal.

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

523 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

We'll let our Sales team know, so they can check and evaluate.

Have a great day, David Vair!

- TM_Cathy

davevt31

Hustler

• 

37 Messages

• 

1K Points

3 m ago

Did the 2 year "Renewal" took all of 10 seconds to change serial numbers and save a bunch of money.

Need Help?

Ask the Community