Hotshot

Hotshot

• 

18 Messages

• 

560 Points

Wed, Sep 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Closed

Installation of BETA ? Sending of Feedback... DOH!

Two quick observations about this Beta testing and the way it was set up.  Misleading to say the least.  All potential 'BETA' testers should be advised to ensure that the word BETA appears on the headmast of the programs title screen.

Here is what happened... I clicked on the mail link inviting me to participate.  At that point THE ONLY THING that should have shown were the links to get to the appropriate 'BETA' download.   Instead I ended up with a page showing the standard page header - from which there is an offering of downloads.  Well those downloads are NOT beta's... they are just regular stock downloads of the most current version of the respective programs.  

But being a dummy I went ahead and chose the Maximum Security version... downloaded it... installed it... and no problem... except it didn't look any different then what I had just replaced.

So I went back to the e-mail... reclicked the offered link... and looked around further to find a link specific to a download of the beta Maximum Security which I downloaded it... installed it... and again no problem... and this time it showed the word BETA in the headmast of the main screen.

So this is just a long essay to any other potential 'Beta' testers out there...  MAKE SURE THAT THE NEWLY INSTALLED BETA actually says BETA on the main screen. 

And the second word is to Trend Micro... to modify the landing page that potential 'beta testers' arrive at your web site TO NOT display at the top of the page your standard header THAT ALSO DISPLAYS A DOWNLOAD SELECTOR...  just to eliminate any confusion it may generate in the feedback you might get.

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

257 Messages

• 

8.8K Points

3 m ago

Hi @snpmarq, thank you for sharing your experience with our Beta Testing program. I informed our Beta Team of your suggestions, they will closely look into it and will apply improvements within the next 24hours. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about it. This is really helpful. :)

davevt31

Hustler

• 

37 Messages

• 

1K Points

3 m ago

I have done the Beta for a few years now, this is the first time I have had to use my own serial number for the beta install.  I don't install betas on my main system so I have to waste one of my serial number allocations just to install the beta on my secondary machine.  Also how much of a beta is this if the version number is 17.7 and the rgualr program is 17.0?

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

335 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

Hi davevt31,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Regarding about the serial number, this is already forwarded to our beta team and they will look into it and will apply improvements as said. Thank you for understanding.

For what's new about the software you can refer to the link below on what features will be added and updated.

Trend Micro BETA Testing

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community