juzzle's profile
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

Sun, May 9, 2021 1:24 AM

I have added applications to the Exception List but Trend Micro Internet Security is still blocking it (with Hypersensitivity ON)

I have added files (and it folder) for a particular applications which is cleared by VirusTotal and yet Internet Security keeps blocking it. I notice that if I change Protection Level from Hypersensitive to Normal, it does not get blocked. But that's not how the Exception List should work. I still want Hypersensitivity except that I want to give all programs/folders on my Exception List a free pass.

Responses

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

1 m ago

un follow post

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

@kvrkrishnahebbar What is that supposed to mean?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Imdo't want recieve community emails further

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

Then Unfollow it. There's no need to comment unncessarily

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

409 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

Hi, kvrkrishnahebbar.

Please follow this guide on how to unsubscribe from the community posts:

Unsubscribing from Community Notifications

- TM_Kim

Brand User

Hustler

• 

162 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

1 m ago

Hi juzzle,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

You will need to add the .exe file of the program as well as the folder. Kindly follow the instructions below on how to use the Trend Micro exception list.

How to use the Exception List (Trend Micro Security for Windows)

Also, may I know what applications are being blocked by Trend Micro.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

@angelo_audrey_dizon As I said, I had already added Files (exe) and Folders to the exception, but it still blocked when set to Hypersensitive. I am using version 17.0.1274

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

428 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

1 m ago

Thank you, juzzle.

May I know if you could provide a screenshot of the exception list on your Trend Micro program and the exact blocking message that you received which would help us check what might have gone wrong?

You may visit this link to help on how to take a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

Awaiting your response. 

-TM_Ann

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

@krizia_rosales Your image upload system won't upload image (stuck on preview) so how is the block message (once set to Hypersensitive) https://imgur.com/a/NkUsMG1 and here is the Exceptions List https://imgur.com/a/AS01brK

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

428 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

1 m ago

Thank you, juzzle

May we know what happens if you click "Open file" on the Suspicious pop-up message? Kindly send us a screenshot for us to further check it.

-TM_Ann

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

A screenshot is not needed - answer: it opens the file ... however that's not a workaround because the application has a worker task (also on the Exception List) which triggers another alert, and then program (Vidcoder) crash

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

445 Messages

• 

5.7K Points

Hi ,

Hypersensitive Protection Level aggressively eliminates programs that may pose even the smallest risk of bad behavior. This protection level is used to make sure that a device is not compromised which needs to monitor those that are under Exception List.

You may try to run the VidCoderWorker file first. You will need to allow it to run if a blocking page appears. After this, you may run the main exe file.

By the way, is it okay to know why you prefer to use a beta version of the program instead of the official one?

I hope this helps.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

Thank you, but I think that is counter-interuitive - an Exception is an exception.

As for why Beta - that's like MS's 'Development Stream' - earlier features.

BTW, this particular developer is a MS employee and he and I have had numerous converssations about this long-established app being blocked by Trend - he claims that it is 100% virus free (as confirmed by Virustotal) and that Trend ignore his claims to have it whitelisted/reviewed.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Hi, juzzle

I see. For our Beta version of our product, there is still a needs to modify some of the features in order to maximize its purpose compare to our official product version.

May I know what happened after doing this step:

1. Run the VidCoderWorker file first. 
2. Allow it to run if a blocking page appears.
3. Then, run the main exe file. 

Feel free to message us again for updates. 

Thank you,
-TM_JD

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

440 Points

When I do this is runs once, but then the process falls over because the app (Vidcoder) calls a second process (Worker.exe) which assists in coding. If I restart the main app, the same circle continues - ie, it's not a process which works

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

370 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

14 d ago

Hi, juzzle!

Apologies for the late update. We were able to replicate your concern. It will be detected if the hypersensitivity is on even if it is on the exception list. This is to ensure that your protection will not be compromised. Although, this only happens with the Beta version of VidCoder.

For the official version, there is no pop-up even if it is not included on the exception list and the hypersensitivity is on.

I hope this helps.

-TM_Cathy