How to protect yourself from phishing scams? — Netflix, Walmart, and more
What can phishing scams do?
Scammers can steal your identity by hijacking personal information, Credit Card details, Usernames & Passwords when you click the phishing link in an email. Scammers pose as famous brands and use text messaging or emails to attack prospects.
Learn more about Payment Scams, Survey Scams, and Delivery Notification Scams from big brands that our Trend Micro Check Team found this week.
Payment Scams — Netflix
(Netflix) Hi member! This is a message to inform you that your payment failed. To keep watching your favorite TV shows, follow this: <URL>
Avoid Phishing Scams like this with Trend Micro Check.
Survey Scam — Best Buy (ft. iPhone 14 Pro Max)
Delivery Notification Scams — DHL
“Your package is coming!” “Get your suspended package!”
What should we do if we spotted phishing scams? Continue reading.
How to Stay Safe from Scams
- Pay close attention to URLs — are they legitimate?
- Double-check the sender’s mobile number/email address.
- Free gifts and prizes are always a major red flag.
- Go to the official website/application instead of using links from unknown sources.
- Never click on links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to surf the web safely (it’s free!).
- Add an extra layer of protection to your devices with Trend Micro Maximum Security. Its Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection can help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
These topics might interest you...