Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Tue, Jun 8, 2021 7:58 PM

How do I turn off the advertising?

I'm now getting a daily popup from Trend Micro Maximum Security that says "Google Photo Is No Longer Free - Use Trend Micro's Cleaner One Pro to remove duplicate photos and optimize performance in just one click."

I don't pay you guys to advertise at me, I pay you guys to monitor for viruses. I don't see anything in settings for turning off advertising. How do I turn this off?

Responses

Brand User
katherine_turqueza

Prodigy

• 

445 Messages

• 

5.7K Points

10 d ago

Hi mrbrent,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

This is not a usual behavior of the Trend Micro Maximum Security program, may we ask you to provide us a screenshot of the pop-up so we can properly address your concern?

Here is a guide on how to take a screenshot:

How to take a screenshot

Awaiting your response.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

10 d ago

Hello, I am getting the same message for about the fourth time. I concur, I am not paying for advertising. I do not use Google tools and do not need to have a third party app to manage my file structures.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

Just as a follow up on my first post. I am waiting for the message to appear again. At that time I will capture an image. As I remember, the message frame indicates it was a T-M window box. This will not be the first time the left hand of a team had no idea what the right hand was doing. Yours is still a good product, I agree this is "Not like your way of doing business". This is understood from using your product for many years. 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

Question, what would a "broadcasted message" from Google look like if it was allowed to pop-up by Trend Micro ? I would first assume that the bridge would be a open session of Chrome.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

It should. It probably also wouldn't suggest using a Trend Micro product to replace it. ;)

Brand User

Hustler

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Hi, kendo_cashwell

Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly try to delete all your web browser history and cache. Then kindly try to restart your web browser as well. 

You may refer to the link below: 
How to reset Web Browser.

Feel free to message us again for any clarifications or updates. 

Thank you,
-TM_JD

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

All my browsers are cleared after each session. I do not allow my system to reboot while temp and cookies are in any folders. This is something have done for many years. I do not believe the pattern of pop-ups correspond to these files. Thank you for the recommendation

Brand User

Hustler

• 

162 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

10 d ago

Hi mrbrent,

To help you on your concern, I would like to ask further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing.  As said above this is not a usual behavior of the Trend Micro Maximum Security program.

May we ask you to provide us a screenshot of the pop-up so we can properly address your concern?

Here is a guide on how to take a screenshot:

How to take a screenshot

Awaiting your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

I know how to take a screenshot, but it has not recurred since I posted this. That makes it tricky to get a screenshot. ;)

To reiterate - you are 100% CLEAR that this is not a function of your software? So when it pops up and I trace the window back to the exe that created it, it won't be Trend Micro?

Brand User

Hustler

• 

126 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

9 d ago

Hi, mrbrent

Please let us know once you experience the pop-ups again also it would be better if you can take a screenshot of it so that we can further investigate. Thank you

In case you need more help, please let us know immediately.

Regards

TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 d ago

I too experience the pop ups regarding Google Pictures no longer free.  In reading some of the responses, I'm beginning to question the integrity of TREND.  If I continue to experience the pop ups, I will assume it is in fact a part of TREND's marketing and will consider a more transparent antivirus software.  Don't have the time to entertain questions or suggestions like take a screen shot the next time it happens.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Hi, JX_HINTON

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Kindly try to delete all your web browser history and cache. Then kindly try to restart your web browser as well. 

You may refer to the link below: 
How to reset Web Browser.

Feel free to message us again for any clarifications or updates. 

Thank you,
-TM_JD

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

7 d ago

Question, what would a "broadcasted message" from Google look like if it was allowed to pop-up by Trend Micro ? I would first assume that the bridge would be a open session of Chrome.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

126 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

6 d ago

Hi mrbrent

Upon checking it on our end the pop-ups you are experiencing is a promotion for our Cleaner One Product for you to be able to get access so that if ever you need help in sorting out your files if they are affected. 
But it is only optional and you can ignore it normally it would appear one time only. 
However, we will take note of your feedback and raised it to our marketing team to review this promotion.  

Hope this helps. 
Regards,    
TM_Kar 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Yeah... we all knew that. You guys were the ones lying to us "that's not a usual behavior" and "we need a screenshot to proceed" and "clear your browser cache". Seriously -- guessing is worse than saying you are trying to find out.

"You can just ignore it" is /not/ an appropriate response to a pop up from security software.

On the positive side, thanks for continuing to research it even though there was not much additional information.

Prodigy

• 

296 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Apologies for the inconveniences, mrbrent

We've passed your feedback on our Marketing team and they are working with it.  We always aim to provide quality service to our customers, rest assured we'll take your experience into account to improve our support.

In case you need more help, please feel free to reach out to us again.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Unsubscribe

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

370 Messages

•