Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

290 Points

Sun, Jun 20, 2021 8:14 PM

How can I stop a Trend popup from coming up all the time

Hello!  About a week ago I was trying to find a website that would allow me to convert a YouTube file to MP3.  When I went to one site, Trend warned me that it was a malicious site, so I allowed Trend to block it.  So now I get pop-ups from Trend ever day, several times a day, telling me that the website is blocked.  How do I make this pop-up stop?  I dont  go to the site anymore.  Thanks.  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Prodigy

• 

347 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

3 m ago

Hi, Addison!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

May we know what browser are you using? Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and check if the said website would still be detected.

You may refer to this link below:

How to clear web browser cache

Please try to check the extensions installed on your browser as well. If you are not familiar with it, it's best to remove them

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

290 Points

Thanks!  We will try it and see how it works.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

290 Points

3 m ago

No luck, the pop-up is back again.   I am using Google Chrome.  I succeeded in removing a lot of the features I liked, such as having my e-mails already signed in and favorite program icons show up in Google Chrome.  But no such luck stopping the pop-up from coming up and annoying me. 

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

254 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

Hi accarey3rd!

Thank you for reaching out to us and our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please make sure to clear browsing data and check the extensions on all of the installed browsers on your computer. 

You may also try to delete the temporary files on your computer and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to these steps below:

Step 1: Open the Run window.

• On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R key at the same time.

Step 2: Type the following locations, and then delete the temporary files.

• Temp
  • %temp%

Step 3: Empty the Recycle Bin

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo