Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 3:15 PM

Google Search Engine

I think I may have a virus attached to my Google search engine called charmsearching. I tried to troubleshoot myself and look up suggestions online. I have gone into the settings multiple times and cleared the history/cookies. This does not get rid of the problem. It's so strange but both of my hp laptops are somewhat linked because I use my college account through both with the cloud storage. This issue is occurring on both my laptops. anytime I start at google and try to reach any page the blocked message comes up with a charmsearching page. Please help.

tom_emmelot

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

32.3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @ldub484 

You have a PUA, look here:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18696

Hope this helps, here from you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tom_emmelot I'm sorry maybe I've misunderstood your advice but I followed the steps, uninstalled the google chrome app and reinstalled. It did not help, charm searching redirect is still on my google chrome 

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

390 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

2 m ago

Hi ldub484,

Website redirection, also called URL forwarding, is a World Wide Web technique for making a web page available under more than one URL address. When a web browser attempts to open a URL that has been redirected, a page with a different URL is opened.

You may follow the instructions in the link below to resolve the issue.

How to fix website redirection issues

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community