Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

350 Points

Wed, Mar 2, 2022 6:09 PM

Firefox toolbar

I have not had the TM toolbar on Firefox since October 2021, it is now March 2022 and all I've been told is use a different browser, we are working on it, and please wait.  Is there any estimate on when this will be released?  I've worked as, in charge of, trained, and mentored programmers and for a problem this large to go on with no time line on when the fix will be rolled out concerns me greatly.  Firefox has not changed their browser that much in the past year, so I have to ask if this is going to be discontinued and if not, how is this not going to happen to Chrome, Safari, Windows, or any other program or operating system?  Will we hear the same solution, "use a different program" when TM just stops working on windows?

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

60 Points

4分前

TM's practice of just leaving this problem impacts on me too heavily, and on me making any recommendations for TM to others.

This is very lax IT practice.  I use Firefox for its features and practices that are above the lesser other browsers and back it up with TM software for your previously excellent IT products. 

To be simply left in the lurch, that is no TM toolbar and loss of other products that have no starting engine now in Firefox, is a very low customer service decision. 

Can you please come clean with us and tell us what is going on and how much longer before you have this issue fixed or a replacement product?

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

4分前

very well stated I have been asking the same?? for a long time.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

4分前

I just don't understand what the problem is. we all do what they say and we still don't get any working results. TM needs to tell us why and when it isn't getting fixed

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

576 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

4分前

We're really sorry for the inconvenience, themurraymob and larson-p

In case you haven't read this:

The Mozilla add-on submission process includes automated and manual reviews to protect Firefox users.

This review process affects the toolbar availability.

You can also check out this recent post from the official Mozilla Blog:
Securing the proxy API for Firefox add-ons

- TM_Kath

We'll update you as soon as we have more information.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

350 Points

@tm_cathy​  So the article states that several "add-ons" were misusing the Firefox API and were removed.  You are actually stating that Trend Micro was misusing the Firefox API in order for the toolbar to function???  

This is concerning because it would mean that your developers are using the quickest and easiest methods possible to integrate TM into programs and possibly the actual Windows operating system.

I thank you for giving us an actual answer to the problem after 6 months of hearing nothing but "use a different program" and "we are working with Firefox to resolve the issue". 

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

350 Points

3分前

Now Chrome has serious security flaws, is that one of the browsers you suggest?  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2022/03/26/google-confirms-emergency-security-update-for-32-billion-chrome-users-attacks-underway/

Thanks for taking care of your user base.  Thankfully I switched to a different software two weeks ago.

So long and thanks for ... well, giving me examples of situations for my programming classes, it's always helpful to have real world examples when trying to teach students about product support.

Need Help?

Ask the Community