Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Tue, Sep 14, 2021 7:52 PM

dl-mail.aolmail.com ?

From my ipad, I emailed myself a couple of photos I took with the ipad to my AOL account. When I went to download the attached photos to my computer I got this shocking red screen from Chrome Browser that says:

''The site ahead contains harmful programs. Attackers on dl-mail.aolmail.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).''

I ran a full scan with Trend Micro Internet Security, which detected nothing untoward at all.

I've never seen this before - any comment, guidance? 

Thanks,

David

Responses

Prodigy

• 

347 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

3 d ago

Hi, dryonkin

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

There's nothing dangerous or harmful on your computer for Trend Micro to identify because you have not been hacked or was attacked with malicious files.  

Deceptive Site Ahead is a warning message from web browsers that informs that the website the user requested might contain malicious or phishing content, or be insecure in general. Even if you were about to visit a completely legitimate website or files, you can get this kind of pop-up.

You may turn off safe browsing in Chrome:

1. Open Chrome and type chrome://settings into the URL bar. Press Enter.
  2. Then click on Sync and Google services.
  3. Now scroll down and find Other Google services. Under it, you should find the Safe Browsing option. Turn it off by clicking on the on/off switch. That’s it.

You may also enable Fraud Buster, enabling this feature allows Trend Micro to scan your email content to protect you against scam, phishing, and suspicious emails. Click this to more about it. 

Hope this helps.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 d ago

Thanks for this info - I did exactly as requested, then closed and re-opened Chrome. I then went back to the original email in question and attempted to download the attached jpgs again, yet the red warning page mentioned above still happens. Perhaps it won't happen with future experiences?

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

441 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

3 d ago

Hi dryonkin!

Possible that you will receive the same message as a reminder to be cautious on your downloads. If it happens, you may follow Rochelle's suggestion above. You can also check this support link from Google Chrom support about the message that you received. 

http://spr.ly/6001y45oh

-TM_Ann