Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 4:36 AM

Constant pop up notifications from trend about blocking a threat

This program is constantly sending me pop up notifications about blocking an incoming website or popup. It's annoying and I can't actually use my computer because I'm constantly minimising the pop ups from trend. I have tried the mute settings. Nothing has actually worked to resolve this problem. How do I resolve this and stop the constant trend pop ups from trend telling me it's doing it's job? How can I get it to run in the background and not tell me every 10 - 15 seconds that it's blocked something?

Responses

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

254 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

2 m ago

Hi ellebrodie,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and check if the website would still be detected.

You may refer to this link below:

How to clear web browser cache

Please try to check the extensions installed on your browser as well. If you are not familiar with it, it's best to remove them.

If it is the same, kindly check if you have any unwanted applications. This website blocked can also be caused by a program installed on your computer.

To check the programs installed on your computer. Please follow these steps below:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + R keys.
  2. In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.

For more information, you may refer to this link below:

How to remove Potentially Unwanted Applications

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 m ago

I have the same problem. And it is not due to other applications, but consistent notifications from TRED.

Constant pop up notifications from trend about blocking a threat

How to make TREND silent, working but not poping out all the time. It's annoying.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

254 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

Hi frjoelopez,

To help you on your concern, I would like to ask further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please let us know what happened and on what part did you encounter the problem.

Also, please provide us the following information:

1. Exact Error Message if there's any.
2. Screenshots of the problem if possible.

You can also enable mute mode which will temporarily stop non-critical notifications while you are doing an important task.

You may click this link on how to use the Mute Mode.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

The message was always.... WE HAVE BLOCKED THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE...But I never tried to open those websites...

I now put it in Mute Mode and it seems it solved the problem. I am not receiving messages now.#

Thanks

Prodigy

• 

347 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

You're welcome, frjoelopez

We'll be right here if you need further assistance.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 m ago

I have the same issue!!! So annoying even trying to type this is taking forever I get stopped from the notification. It is the Transfer of Protected Data Block message. See the screenshot below.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

471 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

Hi, melissa.nemorin.

This happen because you have entered information on a website with the same details you saved in the Data Theft Prevention feature.

To resolve this, click "Temporarily disable this protection", then press the F5 key on your keyboard. The website will refresh and disable the Data Theft Protection feature for 30 minutes. Please make sure the website safe and secured.

In case you need further assistance, please let us know.

- TM_Kim