Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 12:19 PM

cant play video in vault

Hi

I uploaded 2 x videos to my vault a week ago. Everything worked fine and was tested but now a week later I cannot access them with an error saying this continuously. Other videos and content are all fine.

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

192 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

2 m ago

Hi, kuven1981

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community

Please try to take the video out of your Vault and try to access them.

If the problem will still persist kindly try to decrypt the file and check if you can access those videos.

In case you need more help, please let us know immediately.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

@saccharine_ching,
I have tried. How to I decrypt the file? I have noticed that in the vault the file is 3GB in size but when I copy it to my local PC it copies at much less, +-1.5GB- 2GB 

Superstar

• 

438 Messages

• 

7.1K Points

Thank you for your response, kuven1981

Please follow the steps below on how to transfer your files to see if you can play the videos:

How to transfer Trend Micro Vault files to a local drive

As for decryption, we do not have access to your vault information or password. You are the only one who knows this information since it was requested when you set up the vault. 

You can retrieve your password using the email address you provided when setting up the Trend Micro Vault. To access the password-retrieval system, right-click the Trend Micro Vault icon on the desktop, and then select either Open or Unlock Vault, and click the Retrieve your password by email link in the window that opens.

Trend Micro will automatically send your password to the email address provided when you set up the password, so make sure that you can access that account. If you provided the wrong email address, then someone else might receive your password instead.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

2 m ago

Hi Rochelle

I have transferred and still same issue. Not I have other files, videos that work perfectly. I use the vault all the time.

These 2 videos were working up until 2 weeks ago. What else should I try? Perhaps upgrade?

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

533 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

Hi, kuven1981.

May I know the Trend Micro program version installed on your computer? Here's how you can check: How to check Trend Micro program version on Windows.

In case you still don't have the 17.7 version, which is the latest one, please install it right now then check if the issue still persists. Use the installer on the link below:

How to install Maximum Security

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Hi. It says version 17.0.1333. But says its up to date. See screenshot

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

349 Messages

• 

6.6K Points

Hi kuven1981,

After checking you still have a lower version of the Trend Micro software which is 17.0. To avoid bugs and other concern, kindly update to the latest version by following the instructions below:

How to upgrade Trend Micro to its latest version on Windows

After upgrading, kindly check if the issue is still there.

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

I have upgraded, it created an unprotected files folder when I uninstalled the old version. The same 2 videos have same error when I try to play from the 'Unprotected' folder. Also the Vault is gone?

Superstar

• 

438 Messages

• 

7.1K Points

Thank you for your response, kuven1981.

I have sent an email regarding your concern. We'll assist you from there, please respond.

-TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community