F
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Wed, Apr 27, 2022 4:46 PM

can I retrieve data from my TM vault on a windows backup?

I used  a windows function to restore the windows operating system because of corrupted start up. The windows restore said that all personal files would be saved. I executed the restore and the computer went on its merry way rebuilding windows. My Trend Micro security did NOT reinstall back to the new Windows program. I called TM and they were able to reinstall my security system, but the contents of my vault did not show up. I called TM and they said check in the files under the disk drive C. I saw an entry which said windows.old, but then i checked for the old data it was not there. Can anyone help me retrieve my old vault contents. I also have a back up on a remote drive, but do not know how to look up the file or files for data on the vault. Help

Legend

• 

736 Messages

• 

13.1K Points

Il y a 3 m

Hi, Fbnoodleman

You may try to follow the steps below. Please take note that it is only possible if you did not delete any files from the computer, most specially the AppData folder. 

1. Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard at the same time and type %LocalAppData% on the open field. 
2. Go to this location: 
Trend Micro > Vault > DataFile.
3. Copy everything inside the DataFile folder. 
4. Open the Vault folder on your Desktop.
5. Paste all the files you copied from the DataFile folder inside it. 
6. Try to open all the files from the new Vault to check if they are still working.

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_rochelle​ That did NOT work. I got to Trend Micro, but no Vault. I am wondering if I can take a wiindows backup and look for a specific file (or files) from the backup and load them someother place, and view them. I am getting the impression that TM doesn't really care when this happens, since I am getting a deft ear from them after waiting endless time on the phone to get to  support.  I am almost done with TM after several years. 

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Il y a 3 m

Hi fbnoodleman,

If you can't find the Vault file under " %localappdata% ", kindly follow the instructions below and check on that location. 

1. Go to C:\Users\*old account\Appdata\Local\Trend MIcro\directory 

2. Go to vault folder and place it on a different location.

For the windows back up you can access it on a different device by copying the files.

Let us know how it goes.

Need Help?

Ask the Community