melissa_king's profile

1 Message

• 

140 Points

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 5:11 PM

Auto-Renew $299.99 scam call

I received four phone calls this morning from someone saying they were with TrendMicro and that my account has been auto-renewed for $299.99. They told me if I wanted to get my money refunded I needed to go (removed link) they told me I needed to log in to my computer and they would walk me through it they told me they could help me get my computer to run faster free of charge I asked them to confirm my banking information and they couldn't so I hung up they called me three more times after that
Phone numbers they called from:
1-605-273-8187
1-243-441-8283
1-806-575-7039
1-126-062-4774

Responses

Official Solution

Brand User
tm_kree

Superstar

• 

243 Messages

• 

7.7K Points

2 y ago

Good day, Valued Community Members!

In regards to the recently reported events that Trend Micro Customers keep getting calls from a Trend Micro Representative. This advisory is to inform all community members and the general public that Trend Micro Support does not directly call our customers unless scheduled (and not especially for refund or renewal). Please check our advisory regarding Tech Support Scam.

[TM Advisory]Technical Support Scams posing as Trend Micro Support

To help safeguard our fellow community members if you encounter a similar experience, please report it to us immediately. Provide us with the following information below for our legal team to shut down these numbers. Any other information you can provide from the call will be greatly appreciated.

Name of the scammer:
Phone number used by the scammer:
The exact time of the scam call:
Type of call: Is it a human caller or an automated voice recording?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

9 Messages

• 

246 Points

2 y ago

Hi:  I get the same $299.99 call concerning computer technology.  Then I get the call that I will get a refund if I just give them my bank account number.  Did not give them the money in the first place.  These are just scam calls.  

Brand User
tm_pia

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Thank you for the information, Gordon Friedrich! To check our advisory regarding Tech Support Scam, you can refer to my reply below.

Providing the needed information could help us report these numbers. 

~Pia
Brand User
tm_pia

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

2 y ago

Hi Melissa King,

I'd like to inform you and the general public that Trend Micro Support does not directly call our customers unless requested (and not especially for refunds or automatic renewals). Please check our advisory regarding Tech Support Scam.

[TM Advisory] Technical Support Scams posing as Trend Micro Support

If you could provide us the following information below for our legal team to shut down these numbers. Any other information you can provide from the call will be greatly appreciated.

Name of the scammer:
Phone number used by the scammer: 
The exact time of the scam call: 
Type of call: Is it a human caller or an automated voice recording?

Awaiting your response.

~Pia

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

2 y ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Scam Alert?! Trend Micro..

Phone number 327-051-1181 autodials and states that TrendMicro is renewing at $299 today and it will come out of my bank account and that I should press to talk to someone if that is not the amount..  This is not the practice in the past of TrendMicro.  I get an email.  This number called twice today.  I have TrendMicro and I am alarmed that anyone would know.  

9 Messages

• 

246 Points

2 y ago

Just do not give them your bank account number.  Hang up.  It is a scam.  I used to get those $299.99 calls also.  Just hang up.
Brand User

Hustler

• 

163 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

That's correct Gordon Friedrich.

Thank you as well for providing detailed information about your experience. Let us know if you require further assistance.

We're always here to help.

- Reine