Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:02 PM

Annoying and frequent popups for program updates

Recently I have been getting Trend Micro popups every few hours for program updates. It is very annoying and disruptive for my work. There is an option to mute, but I do not want to remember to turn it on everytime I start some work. Please allow updates to take place in the background either by choice or by default. Otherwise I will have to stop using your very good program.I am using Windows 7 Pofessional on a PC and TM Maximum Security.
Brand User

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

3 y ago

Hello User1,

Sorry to hear about this experience.

We understand that you aim to have a seamless experience a with our software. Now, we just need to understand what software update you're referring to as the software update is designed to download automatically every 3 hours.

If you can post a sample screenshot of the pop up from Trend Micro, we'll highly appreciate it.

Regards,
Pat

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

3 y ago

Dear Pat
Thank you for your kind reply. The popups disappeared after a reboot. I am therefore unable to capture a sample screenshot. I have no idea what triggered them or removed them. I shall you know if they recur.
Regards
User1
tm_x

Superstar

• 

571 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

3 y ago

Hi User1

That's good to hear. Sure, we'll standby for your updates. :) 

^X

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 m ago

twenty popups per day about features I didn't want are completely unnecessary

(edited)

Brand User
tm_krizia

Prodigy

• 

451 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

Hi, joeswoodart

Welcome to the Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Trend Micro provides different pop-ups. May we ask for a screenshot of the sample message that you received for us to further check? If it's about a feature, can you check if there's an option " Do not show this again" to stop the notification?

TM_Ann

jabi

Superstar

• 

376 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

@krizia_rosales

Hi Ann, 

I think it is the popups that usually appears on the users of TM. Samples are the following: 

- Google Chrome toolbar

- Password manager

- Protect additional devices

Those are some popups I usually receive very frequent as well. You can give @joeswoodart some steps on how he can disable it on his machine if it is possible. 

Regards,

Jabi

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

278 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

Hi joeswoodart,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Have you tried to click "Do not show this again" option on the pop-up message?

You may also try to follow the steps on this link below:

1. On your keyboard, please press the Window key and R key at the same time.
2. Type supporttool on the open field and click OK.
3. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
4. On the Diagnostic Toolkit window, go to (B) Threats tab, then put a check on Pause connected device scan.

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community