• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

Sat, May 16, 2020 3:05 AM

Closed

New

Unprotected password in a browser

Trend Scan advises me there is an unprotected password in a browser. It does not give me any further information nor how to fix the problem.

Please advise me how to find the offender and how to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Deb

Brand User
tm_cha

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi, debjcarden!

You're getting the said message since you have saved passwords on your browser and with that, you need to set up the Password Manager on the browser that you are using. To know how to set it up, you can visit our knowledge-based website here: How to enable Password Manager Extension

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.

~Cha

Neophyte

• 

21 Messages

• 

374 Points

3 years ago

I know in the browser I use, Seamonkey (mozilla), when you set up a master password, the passwords are stored in an encrypted file and only get used if the Master Password is entered when the browser is started. Alternately, I'm sure the Trend Password Manager works much the same way to protect & encrypt the saved logins, etc.

If you don't have a Master Password in place, then any stored logins on your computer/device/whatever could be easy resources for disreputable digital resources.

Anyway, hope that helps some. Let us know.

~Myrddin

.end.trans.

Legend

• 

753 Messages

• 

13.4K Points

We would like to thank you for your ongoing support. Thank you and we appreciate you for sharing these valuable responses,

myrcomtech!

Need Help?

Ask the Community