Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Sat, Aug 14, 2021 4:48 PM

Closed

Password Manager importing from Chrome is not working

First and foremost, selecting a category with "data protection", the topic parameter states "No Result Found". So it does not allow me to post. What an unreliable "Contact Us" page.

Password Manager importing chrome exported file does not work.

1. Chrome Extension for PWM -> Settings -> Data -> Import -> Key in Master Password -> Upload file -> It states "Import in Progress" -> You can start using Password Manager now 

2. Goes back into Password list.
  3. NOTHING.

So contacted your technical support:

1. First contact staff explained the issue.
    • Re-export the file from Chrome -> did not work
    • Asked me to allow remote connection which I denied due to it being my passwords
    • Gave me a URL to follow :https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-19102 -> Invalid, because when I click on the "3 dots" icon, Import Password is not existing. Explained that thats why I am using the previous steps which I describe I did earlier.
    • Told me my extension was not the latest. I gave him the version which is 5.0.1018 -> he did not verify. I downloaded and installed. It still bloody went to the same area which is the extension of PWM, and to my surprise, it closed the damn browser.
  2. Now because I was disconnected, I had to reconnect all over again. 
    • Asked to be reconnected to the same guy -> new guy tells me that he's not available now.
    • Explained all my issues
    • Redid all the same steps the previous guy gave me.
    • At this point, I am still waiting for a resolution.

At this point, I would like to ask, what is so damn hard to import a damn password list. How in the world are you able to give me redundant solutions whereby your staff does not know what's the latest version and whether the URL guide actually is more obsolete than the unreliable software.

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

523 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 m ago

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Benjamin Pang.

I sent an email regarding your concern. Please check if you were able to receive it and we'll assist you from there.

Thank you!

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@catherine_joy_dela_cruz

I have replied.

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar