Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Friday, April 26th, 2024 11:22 PM

Web guard block my mobile internet and apps to stop working

While I was out and at the library, my Internet stopped working then my apps stopped working. I began to troubleshoot when I came home and when I finally got web guard to turn off the VPN, that’s when my Internet and apps began to work.

I have never had this problem and have used this service now for about four years.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

37 Messages

• 

790 Points

3 months ago

Hi @alisaspauldingas ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are currently investigating this concern and will need the following information.

1. Mobile Security for iOS version
  2. iPhone/iPad Model:
  3. iOS version
  4. Affected Network Mode: (Wifi or Mobile Data)
    • ISP (Telstra, Optus, AT&T, Verizon)
    • Mobile Service Provider (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone)

We will notify you as soon as an update is ready. You can also visit this link for any updates regarding this issue. 

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

I have the same problem since 26 April. No internet, email, apps.

Telstra showed me how to turn off VPN but it turned itself back on more than 5 times in 45 minutes.

Will deleting the VPN solve the problem and will my phone still be protected for emails, internet searches, FB etc. without the VPN?

mobile security for iOS v 11.2.1070

iphone 13

ios version 17.4.1

ISP and mobile service provider Telstra

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

25 Messages

• 

550 Points

Hi @ysayeg,

Thank you for this information and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team has rolled out the newest version of Mobile Security. Kindly update your app to version 11.2.1071. To update your Trend Micro Mobile Security, follow the steps below:

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Search for Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  3. Tap the Update button beside TM Mobile Security

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

Thank you. I hope this will fix it. BTW could the TM VPN also cause problems with Facebook? They blocked my account a month ago and even though they verified my identity, the link they sent didn’t work (“expired”). I can’t help feeling it didn’t like the VPN. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @ysayeg,

​The release of the version will fix the issue. About the Facebook issue, may I know if the Social Network Privacy feature of the Trend Micro app is turned on and are you experiencing the issue after updating to 11.2.1071 version? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

I think the privacy thing was on. FB has completely blocked my account and I can’t get in even though they verified my ID and sent a link to access which didn’t work. So updating TM now doesn’t help. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

3 months ago

Unless you can persuade FB to unblock my account I’m not sure there’s any point. It started with an email saying there was suspicious activity. A friend also got one the same day. After that they blocked it. Anytime I try to log in it just says it’s blocked and to try to verify my ID.

I eventually uploaded ID and they sent a WhatsApp saying they’d verified it and click a link to get back in. When I clicked it said the link had expired and to start again from scratch. Meanwhile my friend had ignored the mail and her account was fine. I had checked the email address and found posts saying that was the mail address they send from. This was soon after a lot of people had lost access to their accounts. I wonder if the presence of the VPN had something to do with them thinking there was suspicious activity or with the failure of their link.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @ysayeg,

I'm sorry that this happened. 

Please be guided that the Web Guard lets you filter content when you are using your preferred browser while using your local VPN with almost no impact to your network speed. And while doing this, Web Guard don't have the mechanism to block any Facebook account. 

For us to further check this, are you able to provide the screenshot of the email you've mentioned or the link that you've used before this happened?

Looking forward to your response.

​ 

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

3 months ago

Removed 1070. Turned iPhone off. Restarted.

Upgraded to 1071. Turned iPhone off.

Restated iPhone and now seems to be working as I would expect a mobile phone should.

Seems Trend did not test 1070 before release to the public!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @hrat,

Thank you for confirming. The problem might be due to an IPv6 configuration compatibility issue. The fix is currently undergoing testing and will be released as soon as it passes testing.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights