Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 6:43 AM

VPN causing iPhone internet not to work

My iPhone internet has stopped working and after a week of not being able to work out why it was discovered that my trend micro vpn had started to block all internet off the phone. As soon as I removed the vpn my internet started working. It appears like there had been an update of the app which has caused this as it’s works for years and not suddenly not. 

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 months ago

Experiencing the same problem, internet and wifi, apps not working, have to turn off vpn to get it working.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @debridge17 @hart371 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You may check the announcement here, we will notify you as soon as an update is ready.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

15 days ago

Anyone tried screen mirroring.  I’ve turned the VPN off but my iPhone still cannot find the apple box.  Frustrated as it worked prior to trend installation last week 😡

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

36 Messages

• 

770 Points

Hi @wendycollins4 ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

There could be several reasons why screen mirroring isn't working between your iPhone 12 Pro Max and Apple Box. Here are some common issues and troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Ensure Both Devices Are Connected to the Same Wi-Fi Network: Screen mirroring requires that both your iPhone and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

2. Restart Your iPhone and Apple TV: Sometimes, simply restarting for few seconds both devices can resolve temporary glitches.

3. Update Software: Make sure that your iPhone and Apple TV have the latest software updates installed. Updates can often include bug fixes that address issues like screen mirroring problems.

4. Check AirPlay Settings on Apple TV: On your Apple TV, go to Settings > AirPlay and make sure AirPlay is turned on. Also, check if "Require Code" is turned off unless you specifically want to enter a code each time you connect.

5. Check AirPlay Settings on iPhone: On your iPhone, swipe down from the upper-right corner to open Control Center. Tap and hold the Screen Mirroring button (rectangle with a triangle inside). This should show your Apple TV as an option. Tap on it to start screen mirroring.

6. Disable/Enable Airplane Mode on iPhone: Sometimes toggling Airplane Mode on and off can refresh the network connection on your iPhone, which might help with AirPlay connectivity.

7. Reset Network Settings on iPhone: If other methods don’t work, try resetting your iPhone's network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN settings.

8. Check for Interference and Range: Ensure that there are no physical obstructions or interference (such as large metal objects) between your iPhone and Apple TV that could weaken the signal.

9. Try a Different Device: If possible, try using a different iPhone or iPad to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with your specific iPhone or a broader issue.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Sadly none of these things work.  My iPad finds it no problems.  My iPad doesn’t have trend installed.  Now quite frankly I am reluctant to install it as I feel certain the issue has more to do with the trend or VPN rather than the phone which has worked fine for some time 🥲

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Hi @wendycollins4 ,

Apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. If screen mirroring isn't working after removing Trend Micro, it means Trend Micro isn't causing the issue. It would be advisable to seek assistance from Apple Support for further troubleshooting.

Alternatively, you can follow Apple's recommended steps to resolve this issue by clicking on this link.

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

13 days ago

VNP causing my iPhone internet to not work properly, and issues with getting on WiFi at work or my home WiFi also. Downloaded, deleted the app several times to troubleshoot the problem. Still having issues with Trend Micro app smh…

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Same here. Second time after resetting my whole phone!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

37 Messages

• 

790 Points

Hi @blackmn300@twostepsjehj,

Did you experience issues accessing specific websites or applications, or were you unable to access anything on the network when the VPN of Mobile Security was enabled?

Also, please provide the details below: 

1. Mobile Security for iOS version
  2. iPhone/iPad Model:
  3. iOS version
  4. Affected Network Mode: (Wifi or Mobile Data)
    • ISP (Telstra, Optus, AT&T, Verizon)
    • Mobile Service Provider (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone)

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I wasn’t able to access anything that required data. This was a iPhone on the Telstra network. Telstra said it was a trend micro vpn issue

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

Hi @debridge17,

Try to install again the Trend Micro Mobile Security since we recently released an update and check if the issue still persists.

If issue still persists, kindly provide the information below:

• Mobile Security for iOS version:
  • iPhone/iPad Model:
  • iOS version:
  • Affected Network Mode: (Wi-fi or Mobile Data)
    • ISP (Telstra, Optus, AT&T, Verizon)
    • Mobile Service Provider (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone)

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

13 days ago

This VPN of TM Mobile Security is a pain. So is the app for blocking all transaction and bank messages. Wrong decision to use it. Certainly not for India.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

Hi @sandhubaljeet,

Apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. To further check on your concerns, kindly provide the following details below in order for us to know what troubleshooting needs to be done, that would be better:

• Mobile Security for iOS version:
  • iPhone/iPad Model:
  • iOS version:
  • Error message:
  • App/s Trend Micro blocks:
  • Other details about the issue:

Thank you.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights