Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 10:26 PM

unable to use data outside of home

Since installing product, i can't access data on my iphone outside of the house wifi and can't work out how to fix this.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

36 Messages

• 

770 Points

3 months ago

Hi @enschultz ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

There might be a network or settings issue related to your Trend Micro Mobile Security installation. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Data Connection: Ensure that your iPhone is connected to a stable cellular data network when you're not on your home Wi-Fi. Go to Settings > Cellular and make sure Cellular Data is turned on.

2. Review Trend Micro Settings: Open the Trend Micro Mobile Security app on your iPhone and check its settings. Look for any options related to data access or network restrictions and make sure they're configured correctly.

3. Check App Permissions: Check if Trend Micro Mobile Security has any specific permissions that might be restricting data access. Go to Settings > Privacy > Cellular Data and make sure Trend Micro is allowed to use cellular data.

4. Firewall Settings: Some security apps come with firewall features that might block certain types of data connections. Check the firewall settings within the Trend Micro app and adjust them if necessary.

5. Update Software: Make sure both your iPhone's operating system and the Trend Micro Mobile Security app are up to date. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could resolve compatibility issues.

Let me know if this works.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights