• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Wed, Feb 24, 2021 8:44 PM

Closed

Answered

Hacked since installed security

Since installing the mobile security software on my phone my FB, Instagram, google have all been hacked multiple times?

Accepted Solution

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

210 Messages

• 

4K Points

1 y ago

Hi, brookeodea

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May I know what are signs you are experiencing that determine your accounts in Facebook, Instagram and Google have been hacked? Can you provide scenarios or screenshots of the problem if possible. Also please make sure to use the Privacy Scanner feature to check if the settings of your Social Media apps are configured to the optimum privacy recommendation.

You can check the links below for more information:
- How to use Social Network Privacy (Mobile Security for Android)
- How to use Social Network Privacy Scanner (Mobile Security for iOS)

Awaiting your response

TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Thankyou, passwords changed, recovery emails added to accounts.

I have used the privacy scanner and it says it’s ok

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

576 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

Hi, brookeodea!

That's great. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

- TM_Cathy

Accepted Solution

bvasilev

Superstar

• 

185 Messages

• 

7.4K Points

1 y ago

To protect your accounts in the future, you might try the following tips:

-Use unique, strong password for both your accounts and the email you are registered with.

-Turn on 2-Factor Authentication, so that a code is required for someone to log-in. You can follow this article for more information:

https://www.facebook.com/help/148233965247823

-Make sure nobody has physical access to your device, by using the appropriate locking security mechanisms, e.g. PIN/Password or other form of biometric authentication.

-Regularly examine your log-in activity. You can follow this forum post to learn more:

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=167157513733838

-Use a service that scans your data for breaches. Trend Micro ID Security is one product that allows you to check whether your information has been seen in data breaches, but you can also use HaveIBeenPwned (https://haveibeenpwned.com/) for a quick check on your email.

-Do not click on any links in email/SMS messages that supposedly come from Facebook. Always type facebook.com in your browser or use the official Facebook app and check your notifications.

-Do not authorise suspicious apps to get access to your account and information, for example apps that promise to change your Facebook theme, etc. Only authorise trusted services.

-If you ever type your Facebook credentials on a PC, for example your personal or a friend's computer, make sure it is free from malware, such as keyloggers.

-Do not Wi-Fi networks, not protected with password without the appropriate protection, namely VPN.

-Beware people that may look at your phone/keyboard as you type your credentials.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community