Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

250 Points

Fri, May 7, 2021 8:57 PM

Automatic VPN

My TMMS VPN is constantly turned off and on by hackers. I have to check whether it’s working or not constantly which is really annoying

Responses

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

2 m ago

Hi rebeccaplummer,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

I checked your account and can see that you have Wifi Protection and Mobile Security for iOS, both applications have VPN functions. May I know which of the two is constantly turning off? I would recommend leaving Wifi Protection enabled for the VPN function and you may disable Web Guard from Mobile Security.

To further identify the cause, what activities were you doing when the VPN was turned off, and are you getting a specific message for it?

Thanks!

- TM_Reine

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

174 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi rebeccaplummer,

Have you verified if the Web Guard protection is enabled in your VPN settings. This is important to check so we can know if the permission has been enabled because if it's not, it can cause complications in the feature.

After enabling it on your VPN settings try to turn it on and monitor if it will turn off again.

May I also know your IOS and Trend Micro mobile security version.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

250 Points

I have enabled my Web Guard VPN & it’s only been on for 28 minutes - since I woke up & I will continue to monitor it throughout the day.

iPhone iOS 14.5.1

TMMS version 9.3.1084

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

450 Messages

• 

5.8K Points

Thank you for this information, .

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

250 Points

2 m ago

The webguard VPN is turned off while I use my phone & apps. They’ve started activating the VPN settings option so I can’t see the webguard VPN icon until I press cancel by which time they have turned it back on. I check the time connected & it nearly always reads a few seconds