Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 8:53 AM

Unable to install Trend Micro app on the phone

I can't install the app even though I used to have Trend Micro app on the same phone. I am now unable to install it.
It says that the phone isn't compatible with the app. I have Samsung SM-J33OF as seen from the screenshot.
I did restart my phone. Is there a way to install it again, and am I doing something wrong?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

2 months ago

Hi @vojanik, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

I'm sorry that this happened and for us to further investigate this, please the following information: 

•  Android version: 
  • Device's country:
  • Google Play country:

Please be guided that due to support limitations, Android Go and Android One OS are not yet supported.

Looking forward to your response.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

Android version 11
Serbia
Serbia

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @vojanik 

Please check the following:

1. Verify if there is an OS update available under Settings.

2. Search for TM Mobile Security in the Play Store. Then, go to the "What's New" section, scroll down, and check the Compatibility for your active device.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

2 months ago

The OS is up to date, after checking the What's up section, I realized that the phone is actually Nokia C21 Plus, but for some reason the Samsung SM-J330F is also there. No idea why or how to remove it.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

9 Messages

• 

230 Points

Hi @vojanik 

Based on specifications of Nokia C21 Plus, the Operating System of this device is Android 11 (Go Edition). With that being said, Trend Micro Mobile Security cannot be installed on this device since Android Go is not supported by the app. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

I understand, thank you for your time.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points