Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 3:10 AM

Trend Micro disappearing off my son's android tablet

Twice now trend micro has disappeared off my son's android tablet.  On my account it says the device is there but on the tablet itself it simply disappeared the first time and I had to download a new app and the second time it deactivated/disappeared.  As a result of this, my son was able to download games from play store that is usually blocked by security.  Has anyone had this happen to them?

Responses

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.1K Points

2 m ago

Hi, balance.right

This is Karr from Trend Micro Consumer Support.

To help you with your concern, I would like to ask for further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please let us know what happened and on what part did you encounter the problem.

Also, please provide us the following information:

1. On what device and its Operating System Version.

2. Exact Error Message if there's any.

3. Screenshots of the problem if possible.

Also, try to check if there are any conflicting 3rd party software applications on your phone that might be causing the problem

You can check the link below for more information

Apps to remove before installing Mobile Security for Android

Regards,

TM_kar

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Thank you for your email.  All I can tell you is that it is on Device  Samsung Tab A - T580.  I had the trend security on the Tablet, and had the majority of apps locked, including Google Play so that I was the only one that could download games.  My son doesn’t often have his tablet and had not used in for a few months.  The first sign I had that the security was no longer on there was when I got a charge from Google play for $160!!  It sent me into a tail spin and I searched for the security.  I looked at the play store under Trend Micro and there was an option for me to install it, so that is when I discovered that it was no longer on there.  I then went into my Trend account on my laptop and saw that the device was still on my account, so I have no idea what happened.  I have since reinstalled it on the tablet device.  My trend micro is safe guarded by a thumb print or a password, even my husband doesn’t know my password (he has never had any reason to know it), but my point being is that it is not a password that I use for anything else and my kids would never be able to guess it, even if they tried.  This happened on Monday 5 July.

Then on Sunday 25 July, my daughter was using the tablet and she was able to download a game from Google Play, even though I had locked the apps!!  But this time Trend was still on the device, just not the security settings I had put back in place on 5 July.  My son has not used the tablet since the incident on 5 July.

I don’t know what is happening or why, but it is concerning as I rely on this security to protect my kids as much as possible while they are online.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

254 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

Hi balanceright,

Can you double check if the app lock has been properly set up, you can also try to change the password for more security.

You may refer to the link below on how to properly set up the Trend Micro app lock feature.

How to use App Lock (Mobile Security for Android)

Also, have you check the link above about uinstalling conflicting application when installing the Trend Micro software.

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo