• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Thu, Jul 8, 2021 2:35 AM

Phone scam protection

I am getting calls from Amazon Prime that are scams

I never used to get scam calls whilst having Trend installed

I hope phone number protection is still covered by Trend and that l don't have to purchase anything extra to have these calls scanned 

Why after all these years of using Trend and not receiving scam calls am l suddenly receiving them?

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

3 m ago

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

We want to make it clear that Trend Micro is not affiliated in any way with these technical support scammers.
What you have received is an example of a scam call, specifically a phishing call. They are designed to look like they’re from a company you know or trust. There are multiple ways to know if the call is legitimate. One of the few is by judging the hotline number, the use of generic language and lack of specific details about the recipient are good indicators that it’s a hoax.

It is recommended to not do any of the actions they have stated as it would often lead to the scammers having access to your personal information and coerce you into paying for their fraudulent services.

Regards,
TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 m ago

Why am I getting these scams now when I hadn't before with Trend security?
My phone calls used to be protected

It appears Trend does not do that now?

Brand User
tm_angelo

Prodigy

• 

278 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

3 m ago

Hi jooconor,

Scammers has a lot of ways to access your number, by phone directory or link you might have put your number on to.

I recommend blocking any unknown callers from your mobil device as Trend Micro can't block them.

Here are some ways you can use to avoid getting technical support scam:

Suspected Third Party Technical Support Scams

Hope this helps

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community