• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Sat, Apr 23, 2022 4:13 PM

Closed

Answered

Can I turn off Protection Notification?

The Trend Micro Mobile Security icon appears on my Lock Screen and Always on Display screen. In trying to get it removed, I have found that if I toggle off Protection Notification it no longer displays:  (in Android 12) Settings, Apps, Mobile Security, Notifications, Notification Categories. There are four categories listed: Attention, Updates, Security Alerts, Protection Notifications. Toggling off the last one gets rid of the icon on Lock and AoD screens.

What I need to know though, does toggling off Protection Notifications in any way affect Trend Micro from running in the background and doing real time scans?

I have been told that unchecking the "Display the app icon on the status bar" does keep Trend from running in the background and real time scans. (Open Trend Micro app, Settings [3 dot], Application, uncheck the box)

Legend

• 

753 Messages

• 

13.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi, desert99301

The display app icon on the status bar can be turned off without affecting Trend Micro's ability to scan and protect your device, even though it is recommended to keep the notification on.   

Let me know if you have questions. 

- TM_Rochelle 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 months ago

Turned off exactly how? By untoggling Protection Notifications? And real time scanning will still continue to run in the background?

Please clarify, because I have been informed (and there is a Trend disclaimer recommending not to) that unchecking the Display Icon Box within Trend stops real time scanning. And then scanning has to be done manually.

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

7 months ago

Hi desert99301,

You can turn off The display app icon on the status bar settings by unchecking the check box, it will not affect the Trend Micro's ability to run a real time scan in the background and protect your device.

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community