Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

470 Points

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 9:54 AM

Banking Scam/Fraud Message

I received a text message claiming to be from my bank provider telling me my account was suspended and to click a link. 

The mobile protection software did not detect the message as a scam. I have the setting set on high for this reason and due to the on going malmare messages everyone is receiving.

rtwillcock

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

470 Points

3 m ago

This is the message I received, I did not click the link. Thank you

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

192 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

3 m ago

Hi, rtwillcock

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community 

We want to make it clear that Trend Micro is not affiliated in any way with these text scammers.
What you have received is an example of a scam message, specifically a phishing text. They are designed to look like they’re from a company you know or trust. There are multiple ways to know if the text is legitimate. 
One of the few is by judging the hotline number, the use of generic language, and lack of specific details about the recipient are good indicators that it’s a hoax.

It is recommended to not do any of the actions they have stated as it would often lead to the scammers having access to your personal information and coerce you into paying for their fraudulent services.

Regards
TM_Kar

Brand User
tm_krizia

Prodigy

• 

458 Messages

• 

5.6K Points

3 m ago

Hi, rtwillcock

Thank you for reporting this to us. Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android has a Fraud Buster feature that scans and detects fraudulent messages. Kindly check and turn on this feature on your device to protect you from dangerous or suspicious messages. For more details on how to turn this on, you may check the link below.

How to use Fraud Buster (Mobile Security for Android)

Hope this helps.
-TM_Ann

rtwillcock

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

470 Points

@krizia_rosales

I did that but the message still wasn't detected 

Brand User
tm_kath

Superstar

• 

589 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

Sorry for the missed reply, .

To continue assisting you with this, may we know the version of the Mobile Security installed on your device? You may click the link below for a guide on how to check the app version.

How to check Mobile Security for Android app version

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community