Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Sat, Nov 14, 2020 7:09 PM

Closed

Unable to Upgrade to Newest Version of Trend Micro for Mac - Serial Number Won't Work

Hello,

I've just updated to Big Sur (iOS 11.0.1) on my Mac. Trend Micro informed me via a pop-up that I need to update to the latest version of the software to support the new OS. I uninstalled the old version (Trend Micro Antivirus 10.0.1686), reinstalled the new version (Trend Micro Antivirus 11.0.1924) with all the correct downloads (trust me, I checked MANY TIMES). Each time I try to activate the latest version, it tells me my serial number is invalid. I understand, as the 10.0.1686 version is Trend Micro 2020, which is what my license is for. But if Trend tells me I MUST update, offers me a free update (per the pop-up I received) but then tells me my serial number is invalid... well, that's a problem. I have tried this many different ways and after a few hours of uninstalling/downloading/googling... I'm done.

My product is through Best Buy. I know I have the correct serial number, as i confirmed it in my purchase receipt, my Trend Micro account AND while using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit to uninstall my current version. So I do not have an incorrect serial number. I have both manually typed it and copy/pasted. My subscription is good until April 2021.

Who can tell Trend Micro that my 2020 serial number should work for the 2021 version, which is the only version compatible with my updated system and is apparently a free upgrade, per your pop up? For now, I remain unprotected, which really stinks since I pay for this protection.

Thank you!!! :)

Accepted Solution

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

576 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

2 years ago

Hi, truthismysteel.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried downloading the installer for Best Buy? Please try to download it from this link below:

How to install Trend Micro Security bought from Best Buy

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

ha! That's too funny. Even though the installer download on the "Trend Micro Security bought from Best Buy" link is the same version that I've downloaded and tried probably 10x now from other pages (11.0.1924)... that one worked with my serial number!!!! It's a miracle! I cannot thank you enough... especially for the quick response. TY TY TY

Stay happy and healthy!

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

576 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

You're welcome, truthismysteel.

Good to know everything's good now. Should you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Have a great day and stay safe!

-TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community